Linking Questions

• frank_tudor
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Plattsmouth, NE

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just set up an account to link to (about a 1000) other site. It is mostly irrelevant content. Some people say it is a problem linking to irrelevant content some people say it doesn't matter and that it is just a moral/ethical/fairness issue. Kinda like, you are a cheater, I hope you can live with yourself.

But anyways, I am wondering how long it will take before the linking takes effect? Should I set myself up with another linking company? If so which ones would you guys recommend?

Anyone have good success stories with linking? Anyone have some negative feedback on linking?
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

Linking to them is not really going to help you a whole lot. You need to have other sites with high PR that are relevant to your business to link to you.

To answer your question - it normally take a few months to see the changes or whenever the next google update is.

Jess has a page set up for placing bets on when this is happening:

http://www.ozami.com/google-backlink-competition.htm
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe that currently a link is a link is a link, but in the future relevant links will have the most importance and irrelevant link's importance will be greatly reduced.

With my clients, I try to only find relevant links with a decent Pagerank and or a DMOZ listing.

As for the backlink/Pagerank update, you'll just have to wait as the next update will most likely be near the end of the year.
  • frank_tudor
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Plattsmouth, NE

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the response.

I have tons of irrelevant links, but I will try to focus on more relevant ones. But I am going to wait till after the next google update.

in the meantime, I am going to post links and set up affiliates when ever possible!

And it looks like I have to move fast to catch the next update :)

I did see the betting today., I am thinking of a more obsucre date for the google update like Jan 3, 7, 21st ...hell I'll go and post my bet now :)
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

No reason to wait till after the next update for getting relevant links. If your looking for a few quick relevant links, try link partners, most of them are pretty poor, but you can find related sites and once in awhile you find a really good one.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts