• Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

:( :( :(

Does GOOGLE SE recognise Our effort?

From 2 Links in the Google Search Engine, Page 18 and 28 of the Search Engine. It became 1 link and page 36 now. Why? Someone maybe can tell me where the fault lieesss? I have been Changing..making effort to add more content. Let alone the Stagnant PR tool on my window, the ranking in the google drop drastically.. how can i survive with this? Someone please take a look at my site and tell me whats wrong? what is wrong with my homepage even after my revamping and adding of keywords. Anyone please give me a sggestions..

I added many anchor links too? i thought those internal link would help..but i beg to differ. X( sigh.. i'm realy helpless.. Look at the site and i hope someone can understand how i feel now.. . :(
Http://www.hst.com.sg This is my homepage
http://www.hst.com.sg/acatalog/shop.html This is ONLY pg found in the Google Search Engine page 36

Best Regards,
Swee :oops:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... 2Ecom%2Esg

that tells us that google is spidering your site ok.

What keywords are you exactly hoping to be targeting? Because im nbot really seeing any evidence of a single keyword phrase being targeted, let alone a few keywords being heavily targeted?

You have 188 backlinks - majority of these are internal. These do nopt count anywhere as near as much as backlinks from different domain names and ip blocks.
  • Perseus
  • Loc: Redlands, CA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

On your homepage the first words of your title text say "Online Fabric Stores" but the two most repeated keywords on that page are "cotton" and "100" so you will want to align your title text with your body text.

Also, I checked a couple of your incoming links and the anchor text read "HS Textile" or "Hwa Seng Textiles" which is understandable since many sites want to list your company name. But you will also need some incoming links with you keywords in the text.
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

Very grateful for those replies.
Anyway, for the exchanging links, i have edited my keywords to "Online fabric Stores - Hwa Seng Textiles" so the keywords are included. Those 2 were done quite long ago. The Latest one has changed.

Ya, jess, spiders have been visiting and caching on my site, and on the mainpage, my keywords focused on "Online Fabric Stores". I have quite a few of those keywords.. if overdo it, it wld be consider as spam, isnt it? So what could be the problem? :oops:

Best Regards,
Sweeeee
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.seochat.com/?go=1&option=com_seotools&tool=6&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hst.com.sg&termno=100&include_meta=1&include_alt=1&include_title=1&numerals=0&words=3&submit=Analyze

This SEOCHAT tool shows my "Online fabric sTores" contain about 15 times..already.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Results 1 - 10 of about 5,820,000 for online fabric store

Quite a bit of competition.
Lets do a backlink check on the number 1 site -

Results 1 - 10 of about 332 linking to http://www.joann.com/. <-- varied backlinks, from good PR domains.

Check the site in yahoo and theres heaps more.

Notice in your footer how you have you link - then next to it you have your title - you want the title as the link (check my footerfor example)

The title being called anchor text - you need more links at you site with optimized anchor text from multiple ip blocks.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

one suggestion swee....

if you face tough competition for yer keywords, sometimes its better to be top of your locality ie singapore

instead of trying to beat the big boys.

just my 2 cents.
  • Jade456
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

The MadMonk hit it right on the head. Better to focus on a less competitive keyword right now, then once you have mastered that, then move on to a bigger market. You can also use word tracker to target less competitive kw in a national market too.
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes i understsand the point here. However, at least i would like to move the page rank from 3 to somewhere like 5? I tried adding 30+ odd of directories and i hope it isn't a form of "Spam" Cos i'm really helplesss. Then, i wanted to exchange links with other sites bbut no one responded to my request either. Then, these days i check on my ranking google and it was a shockingly drop again. Awww... =(

Maintaining on this Old Keywords is fine because most of them looked for this keywords online. The most popular keywords and usually the business comes in because of google and that when they found us. I wonder if i have overdo it that it causes so many problems. Or did google even update the Google Toolbar? I have stucked in the pr 3 for going to 4mths already.. and its painstaking.

Well, i would still continue to try to improve. Oh, i have met one problem..my hyperlink suddenly shrunk in size. I could not see the words at all. Is it a wworm? or virus? or adware?

Best Regards,
Sweeee and his big head.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi, your PR is stuck on PR3 cuz google hasnt updated for months.

your site should be higher than 3 after this google update- I have just checked it out.

from there, with higher PR, more webmasters will trade links with you..
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hahaha. Thanks for Consoling me, you really make me feel a sudden moment of "happy" but doesn't last at all XD haha. Anyway still thank u. It has been updated..my site has always been cached. Well, in fact i am just a internship student for 4mths with that company and i'm left with just a month time to complete this supposed project before i leave this company. Thus, i can't wait.. XD

_______________________NEW TOPIC________________________
ya, i'm trading lots of link and i'm unsure if i should also include those unrelated links? should i? Recently i have conduct this trade with this website but i am not sure if they are using a "Lawful and ethical" way to link to my website. You see this link:
http://www.fabricuk.com/links.php?cid=32

then, click on the "online fabric stores (Hwa Seng textiles) then look at the status bar, it actually has different url..and mine url isn't there..hidden or somehow. Do you think this is a wasted link exchange!?
They are using such a abnormal way? Those who know what is wrong can tell me. thanks alot :lol:
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

its normal as far as I can see :-)
dont worry
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee

Post 3+ Months Ago

So you mean that link is still considered correct? but i dont see it when i try using Link:http://www.hst.com.sg
i didnt see it linking to me? So i cant do anything with that side rite?

ONe Qns here:

If i have Site which is PR0 that wants to exchange link with me. do you think it willl harm the site?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have to choose who you link with carefully cuz its bad to exchange with some sites..
they may do something harmful to their own site,causing them to be banned by google.

linking to pr0 will not harm to yr site but linking to a banned site will definitely harmm yr site. :-(

if the site is a pr0 and has the potential to grow well, its good to exchange links. afterall, our sites are derived from pr0 anyways and its good to help out budding sites.. :-)
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you sure linking to PR 0 is fine? The thing is i have heard too many things about linking to something lower than your current page link might not help you in the increasing of page rank!? What do you suggest me to do?
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Swee PR hasn't been updated for over 3 months now...

Most PR0 sites would be pr 5/6 if google would just pull its finger out and update.

Linking to a PR0 isn't going to hurt you one little bit. If it shows a grey bar for the site, then dont link to them.

To double check - make sure the site you want to link to has a google cache for its index page - normally sites that have been banned don't get cached by google.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes . as jess had pointed... anything with grey toolbar- avoid. and they dont appear in index google for their web url such as

http://www.hisdomainname.com

remember to include www. at front when googling!
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sad to say that my page rank nv increase.. . :(
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

Swee wrote:
Sad to say that my page rank nv increase.. . :(

have you subscribed to this?

http://www.ozzu.com/other-google-information-and-resources/google-pagerank-t70230.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts