I am in need of help!

  • Redcell
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 122
  • Loc: Loveland, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok first off I am new here, so I will start out with an introduction.
My name is Ian Weber, I am from Loveland, Colorado and I am also one of the owners of http://www.redcellpaintball.com. We are a brand new online retail store for paintball products. :D We are in great need of some help from real pros! We would appreciate some help with the SEO of our site, and a critique if at all possible. I have started submitting to free directories and building some back links, I have also signed us up for some google ad words and overture pay per clicks. Other than that I am lost as to what to do. If anyone is willing to take a look at our site and make some suggestions both about SEO and about general design that would be great (we really need this site to fly). Thanks A Lot Guys!
Ian :!:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1153
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Redcell wrote:
Ok first off I am new here, so I will start out with an introduction.
My name is Ian Weber, I am from Loveland, Colorado and I am also one of the owners of http://www.redcellpaintball.com. We are a brand new online retail store for paintball products. :D We are in great need of some help from real pros! We would appreciate some help with the SEO of our site, and a critique if at all possible. I have started submitting to free directories and building some back links, I have also signed us up for some google ad words and overture pay per clicks. Other than that I am lost as to what to do. If anyone is willing to take a look at our site and make some suggestions both about SEO and about general design that would be great (we really need this site to fly). Thanks A Lot Guys!
Ian :!:


What are the tergeted keywords / Phrases you are hoping to rank well for?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Posts: 2115
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

theres lots to do! your keywords should be related to paintball

paintball,
paintball gun,
accessories paintball
shoot your neighbours wife with paintball
etc.

hehheh. something like that.....:-)
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2245
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

As Jess said, you need to know what are the best keywords to use. Madmonk also gave you some examples.

I would go through your site and take a look at your products. Then use the following tool, it's free, to search for your products to see what people are searching for. This will give you the number of searches last month from the Overture network:
http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchi ... uggestion/

Once you find some keywords you feel relate best to your business, we can all help further.

You also mentioned directories. Have you submitted to DMOZ, the Yahoo Directory, or MSN Small Business Directory? These are three very important directories to be listed in.

Welcome to Ozzu!
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1153
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
shoot your neighbours wife with paintball


LOL :P
  • jannemanne
  • Born
  • Born
  • jannemanne
  • Posts: 4
  • Loc: Stockholm

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, go through this guide:

http://www.webworkshop.net/pagerank.html

It takes a little time to read but it's worth it. Explains a lot of basic things you can do to optimize your PR.

Good luck!
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Posts: 2115
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
You also mentioned directories. Have you submitted to DMOZ, the Yahoo Directory, or MSN Small Business Directory? These are three very important directories to be listed in.


MSN even has a small compilation of optimisation tips in there for you! :shock: short and sweet!
  • Redcell
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 122
  • Loc: Loveland, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, We looked into the keywords and found a whole lot of them that we feel would be good for us to use. Yes we submitted to DMOZ, Yahoo and MSN about 3-4 weeks ago (no word back yet). So whats next? I am starting to think that we may have to break down and pay someone to opt. the site, you guys know any good companies? Thanks for all your help!
Ian
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2245
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

3 or 4 weeks wait on which directory? MSN should be only a few days and Yahoo should be max a week. DMOZ can take months to years to get listed. With DMOZ make sure you recall the exact category you listed your site in as well as the date. You can then check the status in 6 months on http://www.resource-zone.com
  • Redcell
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 122
  • Loc: Loveland, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry I ment we have been waiting for about 4 weeks for DMOZ, as far as I know we are in yahoo and msn. What about our meta tags, key word density, and our header? Can someone take a look a those for me? Thanks!
Ian
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2245
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looking at your Title Tag:

You should always put your company name at the end because the keyword importance diminishes as you get to the end of the title tag. Your first keyword phrase in the title should be a general term for the site, but also your most important...

Example - "Paintball Supply & Equipment - RedCell Paintball"

This should be unique for each page. Use the keyword tool I sent you to set them up.
  • calebtheredwood
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 11
  • Loc: Wisconsin USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Redcell,

You may want to build some basic HTML landing pages for your best sales conversion keywords. I have customers that do very well with this technique when they are running .asp .php and the like.

Also watch your meta tags. I've seen people get penalized for adding too many unused keywords. Keep your meta keywords unique to each pages content. Dynamic content can be a problem for this. Seems meta tags have become more of a downfall than a free keyword place lately.

Keep in mind SEO is a on-going process that never stops. Having a partner that is fluent is SEO is a real asset to your business/website.

I like your site though, it seems to build confidence and trust. I hope you do well.

Redwood
  • Redcell
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 122
  • Loc: Loveland, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Redwood! I will take all that into account!
  • Redcell
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 122
  • Loc: Loveland, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Redwood, I will take all that into account!
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2245
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

calebtheredwood wrote:
Hi Redcell,

You may want to build some basic HTML landing pages for your best sales conversion keywords. I have customers that do very well with this technique when they are running .asp .php and the like.

Also watch your meta tags. I've seen people get penalized for adding too many unused keywords. Keep your meta keywords unique to each pages content. Dynamic content can be a problem for this. Seems meta tags have become more of a downfall than a free keyword place lately.

Keep in mind SEO is a on-going process that never stops. Having a partner that is fluent is SEO is a real asset to your business/website.

I like your site though, it seems to build confidence and trust. I hope you do well.

Redwood


Your not talking about the meta keyword tag are you? I would really doubt anyone would be penalized for adding to many keywords, especially since the keyword tag is almost useless to the important search engines.
  • calebtheredwood
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 11
  • Loc: Wisconsin USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
calebtheredwood wrote:
Hi Redcell,

You may want to build some basic HTML landing pages for your best sales conversion keywords. I have customers that do very well with this technique when they are running .asp .php and the like.

Also watch your meta tags. I've seen people get penalized for adding too many unused keywords. Keep your meta keywords unique to each pages content. Dynamic content can be a problem for this. Seems meta tags have become more of a downfall than a free keyword place lately.

Keep in mind SEO is a on-going process that never stops. Having a partner that is fluent is SEO is a real asset to your business/website.

I like your site though, it seems to build confidence and trust. I hope you do well.

Redwood


Your not talking about the meta keyword tag are you? I would really doubt anyone would be penalized for adding to many keywords, especially since the keyword tag is almost useless to the important search engines.


vetofunk,
Yes my friend that is what I am talking about. I/we do a lot of experimenting with things like this. It does make a difference. Unused keywords in your meta keyword tag IS used by some search engines in their algorithm. It may be a small part in the formula, but its there! Write it down if you need to.
Redwood
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2245
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only thing I would suggest making sure is in that keyword tag is misspellings. The keyword tag has been so overabused over the years, that it has become almost useless.

RedCell,

With the keyword tag, put a few keywords in there, some misspellings and leave it at that. Don't spend any huge amount of time on this tag as it has very, very little importance.
  • Redcell
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 122
  • Loc: Loveland, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys for all the help!

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
cron
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.