Need SEO analysis of my site

• ablaye
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ablaye

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I just launched my site http://www.Project4Hire.com a couple of weeks ago and it still shows in Google as having a pagerank of 0.

Can you (SEO pros) analyze my website and let me know if I am doing anything wrong?

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• WebFreedom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • WebFreedom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Ablaye,

I can't say that I'm an "SEO pro", but I took a look at your site and thought I'd give you some feedback. First off, I think you have a nice looking site - very professional and clean appearance, which is certainly important from a visitor's point of view.

For on-page SEO, I'd suggest that you change the title of your pages to reflect only your main keywords - having a lot of extraneous words in titles can dilute your results in the SERPs. Also, have your keywords appear a few times within your content, and place them at the very end of each page, as well.

For off-page SEO, you've got your work cut out for you. :wink: Since your site has so many outbound links, you will need to acquire more inbound links in order to rank well and raise your PR. I'd suggest that you spend the majority of your time on this task, as it will pay the greatest dividends.

Finally, I'd say not to worry so much about your Google PR - it takes some time to develop (and to get indexed, as well), so adopt a long-term approach to building your site, and I'm sure you'll do very well. :D

Hope this helps, and best of luck.

Sam
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good advice. Your Pagerank will not get updated until a Pagerank update, which only happen 3-4 times per year. Until the next one, you will remain at 0.
  • Ganceann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Ganceann

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quick evaluation: ( Am not an SEO expert)

1. Title may be too long - too many words in it ( could take any non-necessary words out or consider better relevancy to keyword targets)

2. Keywords - quite a few there, some search engines will like others will not - again check every keyword is mentioned in the content - if not it will be lowering keyword relevancy

3. Number of links on page - may not be harmful IF your most relevant links fall within the first 100.... beyond 100 some search engines will not follow and index so ensuring your most important links are within the first 100 will ensure that the most important ones will be indexed ( hopefully :P)

4. img tags - if appropriate having alt text match keywords (not excessive keyword matching either but some if relevant to increase overall relevancy)

5. On-page factors - bold highlighing is helpful as can h1, h2 and possibly h3 tags IF relevant and doesn't interfere with readability - you dont want to aim for optimising for search engines at the expense of your users ability to clearly find what they want

6. Inbound links from high PR sources - if everything is done and you are moving to increase promotion then looking for any quality press release sites can draw in some people who may give you backlinks that you were not expecting. With unexpected backlinks to your site the number of them can mount up and increase your PR through time .... many keep saying that PR is 3-4 months out of date so all you can do in that manner is continue seeking out quality backlinks.

You basically have a good site offering a valid service and in time should develop more inbound linking through the natural process of the internet evolution. Hopefully some of what I said helps, but it is nothing I haven't read elsewhere and the overall key message is do NOT simply optimise for search engines as each search engine interprets things slightly differently and penalises sites in a different way as well.

Always keep your users in mind and as long as on-page optimising is all relevant, while off-line PR build continues - then when the new PR comes out you will hopefully get rewarded with a high PR.
  • zealus.com
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just my 2 cents - you may want to try WebCEO program, it's free and it provides basic evaluation of your site.
  • SimplyBusy
  • SimplyBusy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks really good. My thread has been locked due to my reading your thread and being compelled to write my own. Unfornuately your thread was 2 years ago; I felt it would be terribly post dramatic to comment at this point.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts