New Website, Trying to Promote, Questions

• HunterSnake
  • Born
  • Born
  • HunterSnake

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello! I just came across this board while using Google and it seems like a very friendly place with knowledgeable members ready to lend a helping hand so I decided to post a few questions!

It seems that the best ways to get a high page rank are obtaining lots of back links, becoming listed in dmoz, and having lots of content. From reading this board, I have gathered programs like SubmitWolf that submit your website to 500,000 link sites and over 2000 search engines are bad and can do more harm than good. What else can I do besides back links, dmoz, adwords, and overture to get traffic? Does anyone here have any really good legitimate strategies that they would recommend?

Thank you very much!
HunterSnake
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• alpha
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

submit your site to lots of directories. and make an exchange links to other related content site with high pr.
  • paquito_ucla
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • paquito_ucla
  • Loc: Bilbao, Spain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dont mean to promote anything...
However, I bumped into "linkexchanged" somewhere in this forum...but has anyone used it before...? Does stuff like that really work?
  • amit_it7
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
We have posted our site on some search engines but still looks that they did not crawl our site...Is there any way by that they will do this thing fastly...

Amit Kumar Chugh
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Belfast, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

write plenty of articles related to your site, for example is your site is about monkey care then write an article on how to bath monkeys and post it in relevant ezines and forums along with a link to your site, that way you get plenty of targeted visitors coming to your site and if you say something like "this article is free to copy and post as long as the content and links are unedited" then you could get 100s of backlinks from relevant sites. Hope this helps.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Optmimize you on page copy, get your keywords in as and when you can whilst keeping it user friendly, then build backlinks with optimized anchor text (Thats SEO rolled up into a sentence.)
  • amit_it7
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where can we post free press release can any one suggest some links
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

are talking about free to use articles and stuff?? I get many of mine from ezine.com
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

try a search in ozzu for "articles"
I am sure you can find threads on it.

or just google it.
"submit article"

gd luck
  • weblaunch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • weblaunch

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here are a few more tips:

- Post on forums with sig linking to your site
- Write articles for e-zines (with sig linking back to your site)
- Offline promotion (letterheads, stationaries, etc)
- Find complementary sites and ask to exchange links with them
  • paquito_ucla
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • paquito_ucla

Post 3+ Months Ago

could you please elaborate a bit on that e-zines comment? sounds interesting... I searched for e-zines but got millions of results... :roll: can you save us some time...?
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

write articles on topics related to your site, then post them on ezines or articles websites with your link on it. Then hopefully other webmasters will put your article on their site and you will build up loads of back links.
  • BooGiE_MaN
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cape Town, South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the note of back links, or "inbound links":
Check out your link popularity on a regular basis and compare it it other sites you see often in your SERPs (search engine results pages)

I use http://www.submitexpress.com/linkpop. You can compare upto three competitng sites and it tells you how many links from each of the search engines (google, msn, yahoo, and more) link to the websites you are looking up.

Not only does it give you a way to measure your performance, but it allows you to discover for yourself what Internet marketing strategies other websites like your have implemented.

Enjoy, cheers
  • paquito_ucla
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • paquito_ucla

Post 3+ Months Ago

gotta love this forum! :lol:
  • shoaib
  • shoaib

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have a look at your website coding see if you can optimise it make it more user friendly for indexing i see that your using frames a lot of people say using frames is a bad idea.
  • Greatone
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Greatone

Post 3+ Months Ago

gather quality inbound links
  • paquito_ucla
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • paquito_ucla

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would also recommend that you download internet business promoter 8.0.1 (free demo) from download.com.
It analyzes your page and gives you plenty of information. You learn a lot along the way.This is what I have been using and I consider myself a big time dummy...
  • mabdr2
  • Student
  • Student
  • mabdr2

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use a program called linkmachine....fantastic piece of software...very automated...it can automatically accept links with certain conditions that I have set...

for instance, PR of 4 and above, no duplicate site...these specific categories....

and if the person decides not to reciprocate...linkmachine does an automatic check for every 2 days...if not there...it deletes the link from my site.

so far so good!
  • Greatone
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Greatone

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow. 2000 search engines? hhmmm I wonder where to find the complete list of those 2000 search engines.
  • Shadow12
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Shadow12
  • Loc: Learning php

Post 3+ Months Ago

try http://www.dreamsubmit.com
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
wow. 2000 search engines? hhmmm I wonder where to find the complete list of those 2000 search engines.

No .
try searching in ozzu first. "list of directories"

we discussed this topic a thousand times maybe :shock: :P

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts