Page Rank Questions

• poshgirl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • poshgirl
  • Loc: calif

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
I have checked my page rank at 3 different SEO websites. Each of them say my site, http://www.poshgirlvintage.com, has a rank of 0/10.
I have done almost everything possible to make it search engine friendly so how can this be?
Any ideas as to what makes the rank?

thanx :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jibran
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Lucknow, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Get quality inbound links and be patient. Thats what everyone will say here, so i said it before anybody else could! :lol:

Basically your website will have a page rank of 0 until and unless Google updates the page ranks.
  • poshgirl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • poshgirl

Post 3+ Months Ago

so the everyones page rank is chosen by google?
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Belfast, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

your page rank will be 0 until it gets into the top 10 sites for a particular keyword
  • weblaunch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • weblaunch

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just work on getting lots of quality inbound links and you'll do fine. How old is your site. The next PR update is a few months away, so you won't see any change before then.

Good luck!
  • poshgirl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • poshgirl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its only about 5 1/2 months old. I am working on the links, thanx for the advice.
:)
  • Jibran
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

My website was up since Jan, so mine is also around 5 1/2 months old, but I do have a PR3 :) I suppose I do pay attention to SEO :lol:
  • poshgirl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • poshgirl

Post 3+ Months Ago

PR3 is really good! I dont see too many sites over 5, at least not in the vintage clothing biz. All the sites on the 1st page of a search page are ranked 5 max.
My 1st version of my site was not great. I have continually tweaked it for the past 2 to 3 months only. Thats when I started to realize there was a thing called SEO. : )
Hopfully it will improve.
  • Jibran
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Best of Luck Posh :) BTW, even PR3 sites can rank on page one of Google. My website ranks on number five for the keyword - "ronald weasley".

If you follow my advice, just pay attention to designing a site your visitors will like, and for Googlebot or any other spider, just add some ALT and TITLE tags, and get inbound links.
  • Intensity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Intensity
  • Loc: Tampa FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should be in luck ... Google Bourbon update should be finished soon.
This month should be your month.
  • WebHost
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • WebHost

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I visited poshgirlvintage.com have few comments:

1) you should make your home.htm as your index page... delete you existing index page. Am really not sure what purpose the current index page is serving.

2) You have placed webring, I am not sure how much traffic these webrings generally generate? You might think of doing away with that as well

3) also there seems to be lot of white(blank space) that you might like to prune

4) there seems to be no or negligible backlinks to your site. Submit your site to directories... though they may not directly help in PR, but at least you will get some backlink. Also, only submit to site that offer direct link, be aware of 302 re-direct.

Hope this helps!
  • poshgirl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • poshgirl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Thanx for taking the time to comment on my site.
I don't know exactly what you mean about my back links. Everyone on my links page links back to me & there are quite a few. I have never heard of 302 redirect, what is that and how do I look for it?
Thank you!
  • WebHost
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • WebHost

Post 3+ Months Ago

poshgirl wrote:
Hi,
Thanx for taking the time to comment on my site.
I don't know exactly what you mean about my back links. Everyone on my links page links back to me & there are quite a few. I have never heard of 302 redirect, what is that and how do I look for it?
Thank you!

It seems that you are doing reciprocal linking and all incoming links end to your links page. That is why http://poshgirlvintage.com/links/poshgirllinks.html has a pagerank of 2.

To achieve a good PR incoming backlink should come to your homepage or index page. Also try to do more than recip linking, submit your site to different free directories, do a three way link exchange, may be buy some site wide links...

For more information on 302 see:

http://clsc.net/research/google-302-page-hijack.htm

Example, one of my site alldotnet provides direct clean link, and would pas some PR (mey be very little) the other one webhostrank won't as it is not giving direct link and useless for backlinking!

Let me know, if you need any further information!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts