Pages that link to my site not displayed in google

• cyco
  • Born
  • Born
  • cyco

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi-

I'm new here so please bear with me...I've been reading lots of posts in this particular forum and I couldn't find the answer to this question so here goes :

When I google my site to check what other sites are linking to me (link:http://www.mysite or url:http://www.mysite.com - still not sure of the difference between the 2), I only get few results, when in fact many more sites have links that point to my domain name. I checked these sites and they are themselves indexed. The only way google displays those sites is when I choose the "find pages that contain http://www.mysite.com". I was wondering if you knew what was going wrong there? I checked the sites that link to me, they spelled the address right and are indexed. They are in no way backdoor links or any kind of cheating, and the sites that point to me are related in terms of content. Also, they've been there for several months.

It's not just a few of those links that aren't displayed...more like 70%

thanks for any comments you may have about this issue.

JP
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lowster11
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lowster11
  • Loc: Sacramento

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you have to wait for the next update.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

link: doesn't show ALL the results linking to you (to stop your competitors trying to scam your backlinks). It also doesn't given you any indication as to which of those pages are actually appearing in searches, what searches they're coming up for, or how many clicks each one's getting.

Your best method of knowing what's what realtime(ish) is your log files.

Get some GOOD log analysis going on, good statistics software.

You can never record too much information when it comes to search engines sending traffic to your site.
  • cyco
  • Born
  • Born
  • cyco

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the info Axe. I have pretty good stats, all the hits I get from which sources, what search engine keywords, and so on. However lately I've read that having reciprocal links might be somewhat counterproductive or useless in terms of traffic increase. Does google make a difference between one-way links (in this case, from another site to yours) and reciprocal links when it calculates a site's relevance/popularity? I'm focusing on frequent updates (several times a week) to get a better ranking & traffic as it seems trying to get lots of reciprocal links may no longer be relevant in terms of SEO.

thank you again

JP

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts