php and SEO

• Bender
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys.

I’m working on a site selling mobile cases, not the best but it’s allowing me to experiment with allot of SEO design techniques like css, keywords, content etc..

I’m wondering if the case description etc were kept on a mySQL or php database include was used would the search engines see it because it’s only called when the page is loaded in the browser, right?

Am I also right in thinking changing content from week to week is SE friendly?

Cheers.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• BooGiE_MaN
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cape Town, South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

My Meta Tag and titles are called from a MySQL database using PHP and google is fine with it.

There is nothing wrong with using PHP because it is Server-Side scripting - meaning the content is produced on the server, not on the visitors computer.

This as a pose to generating content with JavaScript, which is generated as the page loads (Ie using the visitors computer).
Hope that makes sense.

It does help to update your content regularly, but remeber that it also takes time for your content to be indexed and "evaluated".

If possible, make sure you archive old content so that it is available to be indexed by search engines. In fact, the more content you have the more "important" your website is considered, and the more ways there are for people to access your website.

Cheers
  • Bender
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers man, just what i wanted to know.

Thanks.
  • Harwalt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Harwalt
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

your fine. The google spider will see the same page that your guests see plus a little source code.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts