PHP and SEO

• Mars
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Flordia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have heard that danmic pages are harder to index then static ones.... is this saying that its better to have .htm then .php or is it only because it indexes less pages? i am fixing to switch my site to php and i don't want it to hurt my SEO. can some one help me out on this issue. Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ascensions
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ascensions

Post 3+ Months Ago

From my experience Google has no problem indexing dynamic pages, but won't show them if your sandboxed.
  • Harwalt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Harwalt
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

if your site is alreay in static html then your going to need 301 redirects to your dynamic php pages as to not lose your pagerank. The only thing Google doesnt index in the dynamics of a page are forms, javascript, cookievaribles address. Why they do not follow the cookievariables in the link address? Because if they did, they would end up in a never ending loop, because each time it visited a page it would get a new variable which in turn would generate a new variable in the link for an infinite number of pages. You will be fine with the php and 301 redirects, google will keep indexing your sites even with the '?' variable in the link.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts