Question about directory submissions for portal type sites

• royce
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Floriduh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there, I have a similar question posted in the response to another post, but I thought I would start my own post in order to reach more directory owners.

I have just started submitting my sites to directories. I am new to this and have been getting rejected from several by automated responses and I'm not sure if its because of the format of my URLs.

For example, I have a over 20 US regional sites that all have shopping, forums, chat, jobs, events, etc pages. When I submit them to directories, I use URL's of this format:

http://tampabay.citinow.com/component/o ... Itemid,26/

Is that the correct format? That link takes you directly to a shopping page. Would a listing in a shopping category of a directory be looking for links to sites that are 100% shopping? If so, where and what types of directories would be appropriate for portal type sites?

Thanks in advance...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• royce
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Floriduh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any ideas?
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

when you submitted did you read whether the site accepts deep linking? there are directories that only allows homepage for free submission else they ask you to pay for deep linking. there are other factors that could cause the rejection, i believe they will send you e-mails informing you that it was rejected.
  • Millsons Leather
  • Student
  • Student
  • Millsons Leather
  • Loc: Uganda

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah bebsie is absolutely correct,

The directories to which you submit your site must be having some rules to follow, just make a remark that they accept deep linking and then only you submit it or else its of no use.

There must be a long queue before your site to get listed --This can also be the reason for non inclusion.

Have you submitted you main homepage link to directories ?

If no then pay attention to the homepage url submission first and then if needed go for deep linking.

Regards/Puneet M

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts