Question about PHP includes and search engines

• roje0913
  • Student
  • Student
  • roje0913

Post 3+ Months Ago

my site has an index page that has an essentially blank body with a menu, I "include" the home.php by default, and the rest of my pages through the menu appear in the body when menu is clicked. Are search engines smart enough by now to see all the pages without penalizing me? My site is in my sig if you would like to see what i mean in the source code, in case i havent explained it clearly.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• johncnoland
  • johncnoland
  • Loc: So. Calif.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not an expert on this, but from what I know, PHP is a server-side scripting language. So when the SE spiders ask for your home page they should be getting the complete page with the includes resolved.

As far as menus go, I have read that they can be problematic. Most are OK, but I recently read that a JavaScript Jump Menu should be avoided. Flash menus should also be avoided.

It is always best to include a static link to all your top level pages in a link bar at the bottom or top of your home page. Then you don't have to worry about it.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google doesn't know you are including anything, they treat all information as the same page if it's done server side.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts