Redirecting home page to another site

• patilprasanna2003
  • Born
  • Born
  • patilprasanna2003
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guyzz,

I have just buyed a {new}domain and i want to redirect to another website. I use a javascript to redirect to another website. I want search engines to consider my meta tag in {new} Domain and list my {new} domain driving traffic to my main another website.

I still have not submitted that domain name to search engines. Should i directly submit the domain Or Should I 1st keep that domain not redirected to another site. And after that it is listed in serach engines then I should redirect the Site.

I Know there are many Genious playing with this game !! Please Help What should i do 1st.

Any Other Suggestion, Please Tell.

Thank You !
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do not use javascript to redirect. The search engines will not recognize it very efficiently.

You want to use a "301 Redirect" for this. Are you using apache as your webserver? 90% of hosting facilities are. If you are using IIS (microsoft) then you'll need to contact your admin about a 301 redirect. Otherwise you can create a file named .htaccess and place it in the root of the web folder and simply include these lines:

DirectoryIndex index.html
Redirect 301 /currentLocation http://www.newLocation.com

that's it, it's easy.
  • semko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • semko

Post 3+ Months Ago

patilprasanna2003 wrote:
Hi Guyzz,

I have just buyed a {new}domain and i want to redirect to another website. I use a javascript to redirect to another website. I want search engines to consider my meta tag in {new} Domain and list my {new} domain driving traffic to my main another website.

I still have not submitted that domain name to search engines. Should i directly submit the domain Or Should I 1st keep that domain not redirected to another site. And after that it is listed in serach engines then I should redirect the Site.

I Know there are many Genious playing with this game !! Please Help What should i do 1st.

Any Other Suggestion, Please Tell.

Thank You !

I would also suggest to you to create a 301 redirect, not a javascript, this is the most effective wat to get the traffic to the new domain. Just create the .htaccess file with the code listed above and upload it in the website directory, mainly called html if on a UNIX hosting server.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

you should redirect the new domain name.
best to stick your submission efforts to one website tho...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts