Reseller web hosting and search engines

• ForwardGraphics
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Panama City Beach, Fl

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the past I have always developed and maintained websites using a server company with each URL having it's own account. I'm now at the point where I have enough sites to consider a reseller account.

If I move my sites to a reseller account, will they all be viewed as having the same IP address? If so, would that then leave me open to be penalized by search engines if I link from one of my sites to another?

Thank you in advance for any advice you may offer in this matter ...

Staci 8)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• siggy
  • siggy

Post 3+ Months Ago

You wont be penalized, however they will be viewed as the same IP adress. I have 3 Websites on my reseller account which are listed in all the major search engines, and all have a PR of 3. If you plan on getting a reseller account, dont be cheap, if you want a qaulity host, you have to pay for it. I would suggest looking through hosting directories to find sites with good reviews... avoid ebay at all costs! I made that mistake with my first reseller account, 4 months after i signed up, there servers failed, my customers didnt have backups of their websites and I lost 12 accounts
  • ForwardGraphics
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Panama City Beach, Fl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for that info siggy! I will make certain that I shop around and look at the hosting section on this forum before I go with anyone.

Staci

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts