Seach Engines and Flash

• Jimbob
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jimbob

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

How searchable or sites that are entirely Flash based?

Out of a sacle of 1 - 10 how do they compare to static HTML sites and the extent to which search engines will find them?

How can I improve the SEO of my flash site?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

On a scale of 1 to 10, flash sites rate about a 0.02 when it comes to search engines :)

You can improve the SEO by not using flash :)
  • gcpmusic
  • gcpmusic
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am tired to hear to not use the best internet tool around for today standard:
"F L A S H "
Suggesting not to use flash is not helpfull but just trying to low the internet standard. Flash in my opinion should be encouraged instead .

Go here and you will find everything you need to know on how to be on top in google with flash.

http://www.searchengineworkshops.com/ar ... flash.html

Hope this helped.

Cerciello Giuseppe
http://www.music-abuse.com
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

gcpmusic: Go find me a REAL search request that actually brings up .swf files in the results :)

Yes, Google can read and index SOME flash, but I've NEVER had a .swf file come up in the results for things I've searched for (and I usually do at least 100 searches per day).

You want to know what Google sees on your homepage?

Try this..., and index.php.

Lots of content in Google there :)
  • gcpmusic
  • gcpmusic

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well not bad considering that is just a week I registered with google. Let's wait a couple of months to evaluate the resoults.

However text is not the only factor for search engines to take in consideration, thigs like link to link amongs others are very effectice too.

However, all search engines are realising how important flash is for the future of the internet and are doing allot about. Let's be helpfull to this process and not be distructive if we care to see a better internet!
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, it's still bad. Google has READ the content on your pages (which are flash), and that is the content it gathere from those URLs.

Flash is not important at all for the future of the internet. There are MANY MANY MANY websites out there that function perfectly adequately without any flash in sight.

Nobody's being destructive. Just stating facts.
  • gcpmusic
  • gcpmusic

Post 3+ Months Ago

well axe I respect your opinion but still your opinion. What I see everyday coming up very interesting site made all in flash.

the time for html/css/dhtml/javascript and god's know what else to make a dead page with plenty browser/platform incopatibilty thanks god is going to disapear. Just my opinion.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not against flash. I love flash, I think it's a wonderful invention.

BUT, like everything else in life, it has its place. There are many places on the web where flash is the perfect solution (for the non-impaired - but that's changing), but I think there are far far more places on the web where flash wouldn't benefit the site one little bit.

But, that's why flash will never become the way of the web. There aren't enough people who need to use it.
  • corduroy090
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • corduroy090

Post 3+ Months Ago

No point in risking it. If flash doesn't serve a specific need or purpose...then why use it?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts