Is search engine optimization really needed?

• seostepnet
  • Born
  • Born
  • seostepnet
  • Loc: DELHI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everybody who have website is carzy about its website's search engine optimization, he need its site to be top for targeted keywords. But I want to know- Is search engine optimization really needed?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you care about your ranking in search engines, then yes.
  • StarBucks
  • Student
  • Student
  • StarBucks

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to make money online, then you need SEO
  • anujlko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • anujlko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes... SEO helps to stand in front of worldwide websites which are created daily. Any industry needs SEO activity to build their small company a giant.
  • zero_digit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well it depends if you want your site to be number one or for marketing approaches(selling products)..:)
  • littlephoenix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

of course its needed, its like saying i have a race car but i never drive over 50 miles per hour. :P
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It depends on your definition of Search Engine Optimization.

There's a lot of definitions of what SEO actually consists of floating around, most of which seem to contradict each-other, isn't there ?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like wikipedia on this one

Quote:
In computing, optimization is the process of modifying a system to make some aspect of it work more efficiently or use fewer resources. For instance, a computer program may be optimized so that it executes more rapidly, or is capable of operating with less memory storage or other resources, or draw less power. The system may be a single computer program, a collection of computers or even an entire network such as the Internet.

Although the word "optimization" shares the same root as "optimal," it is rare for the process of optimization to produce a truly optimal system. The optimized system will typically only be optimal in one application or for one audience. One might reduce the amount of time that a program takes to perform some task at the price of making it consume more memory. In an application where memory space is at a premium, one might deliberately choose a slower algorithm in order to use less memory. Often there is no “one size fits all” design which works well in all cases, so engineers make trade-offs to optimize the attributes of greatest interest. Additionally, the effort required to make a piece of software completely optimal—incapable of any further improvement—is almost always more than is reasonable for the benefits that would be accrued; so the process of optimization may be halted before a completely optimal solution has been reached. Fortunately, it is often the case that the greatest improvements come early in the process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimizati ... er_science)

Let me re-emphasize
Quote:
In computing, optimization is the process of modifying a system to make some aspect of it work more efficiently or use fewer resources.
  • silveraden
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

seostepnet wrote:
Everybody who have website is carzy about its website's search engine optimization, he need its site to be top for targeted keywords. But I want to know- Is search engine optimization really needed?

Yes, it is most important aspect in doing business online... I don't have 70% of my traffic if I did not do seo.
  • heihei
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • heihei

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, of course. When you got rank in google. it Has possiblilities that you get high traffic for your site and more great opportunity for your business.
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, SEO is immportant in our site. If we want our site to be successful, then we do optimization in our site.
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO make a website valuable, if you have created a website for business purpose but nobody find that website in result pages or generate any traffic then its useless so SEO help and make the website familiar with search engines.
  • malcolm
  • Born
  • Born
  • malcolm

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good meta tags in order of importance:
1.Title
2.Description
2.Keywords
  • pubdomains.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pubdomains.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have created a site for your family and friends and don't really care about traffic coming from search engine - you don't need it.

If your site is on the web but caters to a limited domestic segment and you have means and ways to market your site to local users - don't even bother about SEO.

however if you wish to generate traffic from search engine, are selling services to a wider audience and would like people to know that you offer such services, than I suggest choose SEO to make your site and services known to all via search engines.

Thx
  • Hafsoh
  • Student
  • Student
  • Hafsoh

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO optimizes your site to improve your rankings, SERPs and traffic. So its needed to maintain its rankings and traffic.
  • saxena
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • saxena
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Search engine optimization is the technology working behind Search engine marketing.

Therefore it would have been more apt if you had asked

"Is Online Marketing really needed ?"

I am sure you will get your answer. Search engine marketing is one of the most powerful forms of online marketing, therefore you cannot afford to ignore it.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

pubdomains.com wrote:
If you have created a site for your family and friends and don't really care about traffic coming from search engine - you don't need it.

If your site is on the web but caters to a limited domestic segment and you have means and ways to market your site to local users - don't even bother about SEO.

however if you wish to generate traffic from search engine, are selling services to a wider audience and would like people to know that you offer such services, than I suggest choose SEO to make your site and services known to all via search engines.

Thx

look ... there is your answer ... That is put perfectly ...
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
pubdomains.com wrote:

Thx

look ... there is your answer ... That is put perfectly ...

Good post righteous_trespasser...

Yeah, it also depends on the purpose of a site.
  • oubliesknofscrof
  • oubliesknofscrof

Post 3+ Months Ago

The question is very interesting as are some of the responses. First off, in my opinion, SEO is not the first thing to concentrate on. Content is more important. If the content is not good then SEO will not help. If the content is good then then half the job of SEO will occur naturally. Good content will contain a fair and, in most cases, well-spaced smattering of keywords. It's quite possible for many sites to just rely on good content to get to the top of the rankings.

If you have good content then maybe a bit of SEO is in order. But be very careful, the SE algos change almost daily, so what worked last month may well not work next month. Indeed, bad SEO can have a disastrous effect on a site's ranking in the SERPS. If you overdo it, you can end up being penalised.

Even the paid experts frequently come a cropper with SEO. Don't do SEO unless you have been in the webiste game for a year or more is my advice. Let content do it for you and it will be for free.

OUBLIESK
  • grishamist
  • Student
  • Student
  • grishamist

Post 3+ Months Ago

Of course, optimizing your website is important when it comes on having traffic to your site. You will not get any traffic if search engine don't crawl your website. Bigger chance to have traffic is to be in the 1st page of every search engine by means of keyword. That's why optimization is needed.
  • Puneet Thakkar
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

pubdomains.com wrote:

Thx

well answered ... agree to what u suggested and explained ... now i think he wud have got his needful answer for sure.
  • ldsc
  • ldsc
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its Nice For website marketing
  • mihalea
  • Born
  • Born
  • mihalea

Post 3+ Months Ago

The seo is very important for your website, even if it's a non-profit website (personal) or a business website (with profit).

The basics SEO is representative by <meta tags>. In their order are <Title>, <author>, <keywords>, <description>.
So create these tags correctly and the search engines will crawler your website and they will get the correct information about your website.

I also think that after you optimize your tags, you should submit your website to directories. You should submit at the beginning in free web directories or in reciprocal web directories (submitting with reciprocal link to the respective web directory your website will be listed much soon than if you submit as a free link).

Here are some free and paid web directories that I've submitted my website too. Their are bringning me big and quality traffic.

http://www.mygreencorner.com
http://www.exactdir.com
http://prolinkdirectory.com
http://www.linkdirectory.com
http://www.allydirectory.com
http://www.avivadirectory.com
http://welldonedirectory.com
http://www.jamjaa.com
http://www.ondir.com
http://www.eastdirectory.net/
The list is not completed yet! I will complete the list soon...I think :)
Besides these directories, of course dmoz.com and Yahoo! Directory are the first directories to submit too.

best regards
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I disagree mihalea, but people tend to not really give a crap it seems anyway ... why would I want to spend my precious time optimizing my family website ... ? there would be absolutely no point in that. None. my family has the url and no one else needs to see it, so why would I optimise it ... ?
  • flimsy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flimsy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Websites are primarily built to do business on web or to promote one's business using website and most of the quality hits to the website are coming from search engines so it is important for the website to be visible on various search engine.

This is where SEO comes into the picture. SEO gives your presence a visibility as well good return to your business on Internet!
  • meganisla
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • meganisla

Post 3+ Months Ago

Absolutely YES. If you want get your target market to increase your sales or get your site noticed not only by search engines by but ordinary surfer of the internet then you need SEO.
  • iwebsubmission1
  • Born
  • Born
  • iwebsubmission1

Post 3+ Months Ago

i is very much important for bringing traffic to your site.
Moderator Remark: link removed
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, it depends on the nature of your web site.
Generally SEO is needed to make your site visible to search engines and get conversions.
  • seogenies123
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • seogenies123

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would say yes SEO is very needed for the site,because until and unless your site is not known to the web who will recognize you in the market. i think after development of the site one should involve in SEO to make site visible on the major search engine .

Thanks
  • webdev08
  • webdev08

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah..SEO is very crucial if you want your website be noticed, produced good outcome and be on top of the search engine listings. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 34 posts