Search Engine Rankings

• bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I launched my web design website about 2 months ago and was checking my ranking in various search engines. I am no where to be found on the major engines, and then i come along to search-2-search.com. I am listed #1 for "professional web design" and #7 for "web design". This doesn't make much sense.

http://www.search-2-search.com/extremes ... &override=

It claims it "Found 7764254 sites for professional web design " and my website is coming up number one.

I have no incoming traffic from this engine, so i'm guessing nobody really uses it, BUT i'm still curious how i'm coming up numer one out of over 7 million results for my term.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Because your 1 of only 2 sites in that list that have a vote. I just added my site, so once it is reviewed, we can test it.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

With your ranking in other search engines, it make still take longer. <Search for "Sandbox Effect">

If you are trying to rank for "professional web design", it is pretty competitive, so you are really going to have to work at it. Get quality backlinks and directory listings, mainly DMOZ and Yahoo.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now I am number 3 ;-)
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
Now I am number 3 ;-)

ha that's pretty stupid. So it's listing them by ratings? Not like i care, was just curious. I have no incoming traffic from that site.

yes i have read abotu sandboxing... My site has been up for about 2 1/2 months. When i search for ewebdevelopment my site is number one so i dont' think i'm sandboxed. If i were sandboxed wouldn't my site not come up at all ??
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Possibly, possibly not, it is only a theory. I would just give yourself some time because that is a very competitve field.
  • discountdomains
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • discountdomains
  • Loc: Telford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try submitting to free directories, that will help build up your ranking.

Try http://www.allthebizz.com

Clare
  • webguy3
  • Born
  • Born
  • webguy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Search2Search Hit Counter has been disabled because of more important features we were wishing to implement into our search engine. This is why your site is not showing any hits even though you currently have a rating of 9.17. I show for the top 50 keywords (you can find the link on the Search2Search Home Page on the side menu) your keyword is number one which means having your site ranked number one for that keyword, you must be receiving hits. I visited the site myself and it's very professional but the hit didn't show up where your listing is. We apologize for this but rest assured you are receiving some traffic from us. Feel free to add as many sites as you wish for free or sign up for a PPC Account and receive a free 5 dollar credit.

Michel Tremblay
MST Webmaster
  • webguy3
  • Born
  • Born
  • webguy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Search2Search pulls it results from MSN, Dmoz, and AltaVista as well as our own Free Listings, and PPC Listings. The total count of results comes from all of these listings. PPC Listings are displayed first but if none are found for that keyword then the Free Listings are displayed first. There are no PPC Listings for your keyword but because you have a high rating you are displayed first above the other free listings. This is how we rank our free listings and give everyone a fair chance. The meta results are just there to fill up empty space until we become larger and have more free and paid accounts, as we are still relatively new to the Internet. This should explain how you are number one out of so many sites.

Michel Tremblay
MST Webmaster
  • Mr Smith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mr Smith
  • Loc: Birmingham, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

my own web design company has only been active since christmas just gone, and now (July) there is still loads of work for me to do to get my site higher up there.....it's a competitive field.....just have to be patient and wait.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts