Search Engine Spider

• bid4me.co.uk
  • Born
  • Born
  • bid4me.co.uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone heard of or had problems with 192.comAgent? I don't think it has anything to do with the 192.com site as this is a public database in the UK and I'm fairly certain this came from Germany. The thing is it ignored all exclusions set for files and directories, but more importantly I wanted to know what sort of damage a malicious spider is capable of? Should I block it? or will it just ignore that as well?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

It wont ignore it if you block it because it wont have a choice (if you block it via IP or user agent).

A lot of people have reported having thier site hammered by this bot. Best thing to do is ban it completely, I highly doubt they are going to be sending you any real traffic anyway.
  • bid4me.co.uk
  • Born
  • Born
  • bid4me.co.uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers meman for the reply,

I found some useful info at clockwatchers.com about spambots which I suspect this was as I've been receiving alot more than usual. Anyway the spider visited the site twice and ripped thro' everything around 20MB, but I've just visited my stats and I can't find it now. There are a number of "Unknown robot (identified by 'spider')" or "Unknown robot (identified by 'crawl')" but they don't add up to the sum of 20MB, in fact they don't even come close to it. So I don't know whether it's gone back and covered its tracks or what. I've blocked it anyway now and I'll report back if I discover anything suspicious.
  • Fergie
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey bidme

Your site is not coming up its taking to long to load. The bot might be back.
  • bid4me.co.uk
  • Born
  • Born
  • bid4me.co.uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers Fergie,

I'll keep an eye on it, I'm fairly certain it wasn't a friendly one anyway. If memans right about it hammering alot of others I think we should all be aware of it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts