Search Engine Submission

• Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am currently running a website that sells machine shop tools and supplies, I have gone threw many of the posts here and followed the instructions on subbmitting to search engines for free, but the site still after about 3 weeks is not showing up on any search engines. Any tips or ways of submitting etc, etc would be appreciated.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• stoner3221
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: United States, New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bgnn32 wrote:
I am currently running a website that sells machine shop tools and supplies, I have gone threw many of the posts here and followed the instructions on subbmitting to search engines for free, but the site still after about 3 weeks is not showing up on any search engines. Any tips or ways of submitting etc, etc would be appreciated.

3 weeks is a bit too soon and there is no need to submit to search engines. Submit to directories that are search engine friendly and you will be quickly picked up.
  • ovidiu
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can advice you also to submit your site for free in this 2 places: http://www.site-promotion.info ; http://www.haabaa.co.uk/
I used both before.
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the info guys, This forum is one of the most useful things I have found. thanks to everyone at ozzu who keeps it running
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is really no need to use submission programs. Just submit yourself to a couple of the big ones, get directory links (Yahoo and DMOZ), and get links from other related sites. This will get you listed in all the major search engines as well as many of the smaller ones.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The best way to enable the search engine spiders to find you is to generate a good amount of backlinks to your web site from well spidered web sites.

If you think logically about how a spider works it is obvious.

A spider works by following links. If you have links from a lot of sites pointing to your own then the odds are that the search engine spider is going to follow one of them links and in turn spider your web site.

Simple huh?

:)
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

stoner3221 wrote:
Bgnn32 wrote:

3 weeks is a bit too soon and there is no need to submit to search engines. Submit to directories that are search engine friendly and you will be quickly picked up.

I wouldn't say 3 weeks is a bit soon at all. Gogole will index your main url in a couple of days of it coming accross it. You advice regarding directories is spot on though. All the links pointing at your site the better.

To take it one step further - optimize your anchor text on incoming links to be your targeted keywords. Search engines like google and yahoo are using anchor text on incoming links for a site to help determine your positiong in the serps.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:
I wouldn't say 3 weeks is a bit soon at all. Gogole will index your main url in a couple of days of it coming accross it. You advice regarding directories is spot on though. All the links pointing at your site the better.

But the key is the spiders coming across it. The average person coming in with a new site on the web will not get indexed within three weeks. It takes a good amount of work for that to happen. You need great incoming links from high PR'd sites, which are sometimes very tough to come by, depending on the industry you are in.

Your just starting to learn so do not worry about 3 weeks. When 3 months have gone by, come back and we can look at any potential problems you may have.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
Jess wrote:

But the key is the spiders coming across it. The average person coming in with a new site on the web will not get indexed within three weeks. It takes a good amount of work for that to happen. You need great incoming links from high PR'd sites, which are sometimes very tough to come by, depending on the industry you are in.

Your just starting to learn so do not worry about 3 weeks. When 3 months have gone by, come back and we can look at any potential problems you may have.

sorry - im gonna have to disagree again.

ozzu.com - 6,540 backlinks. (source Google) Majority of these are internal links from one page to another.

Well that tells us google spiders this site. PR8 - that tells us google spiders this site regularly. (the higher PR the more important google thinks a site is hence the more times is spiders it)

A single link in a footer from this site and you could be indexed in google within a few days maximum. I'd say due to the popularity of this site a hell of a lot of other sites spider it as well. So your killing a lot of birds with one stone.

Now take all of the leading webmaster forums.... all of which have url rewrite mods installed as their webmaster forums... setting an ecxample of how to do it :) Put even 1 link on all the forums and within a week you'll have you index page in all the major engines databases.

True it will take longer for a deep crawl of your site - but theres nothin anyone can do to increase the speed of that except generate incoming links to interneal pages as well. :)
  • stoner3221
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can certainly agree that search engine submission through spidering can easily be accomplished in a couple of days if you know where to submit your site. Unfortunately the average webmaster I find uses the submit site process on search engines and ODP first.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just realized that I am talking about two different things. In my head I was talking about "ranking well" (first 3 pages) and I was typing about getting indexed.

For a beginner though, I would look around a month average to get indexed.

*looks like avatar right now*
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
I just realized that I am talking about two different things. In my head I was talking about "ranking well" (first 3 pages) and I was typing about getting indexed.

For a beginner though, I would look around a month average to get indexed.

*looks like avatar right now*

Hehe - makes sense.

Now I will agree it can take a long time to rank well! :P
I guess your right hthough - to a beginner - getting liststed in a search engine can be a lot of trouble....

I guess thats why i try and explain to everyone how easy it really is.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

btw stoner - i love wowdirectory :) use it a lot!
  • stoner3221
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:

Thanks Jessica,
We have been getting a lot of good feedback lately and traffic had doubled since last month. You can look forward to a lot of new features and developments in the near future.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

stoner3221 wrote:
Jess wrote:

Thanks Jessica,
We have been getting a lot of good feedback lately and traffic had doubled since last month. You can look forward to a lot of new features and developments in the near future.

Im hoping it will one day challenge that other big ol directory everyone talks about ;)
  • stoner3221
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are going open source with real time updating, no dump bull as soon as the database is large enough. The hardware is all set up and ready to go.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

good luck with it stoner (thats not ya real name? :)?)

One day soon i might get round to writing a good direcrory... bad directory guide.....

My experiences with wow have always been good - sirte review within 3 days max....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts