Search Engines and Link Popularity?

• Marcus
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: NYC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know the subject of search engines and link popularity is often brought up. I was thinking of making the following proposal to partner with someone who wants to use link popularity ie directories to increase their traffic. I have several high quality domain names for setting up some webmaster and forum directories, would it be a good offer to partner with someone for the hosting, I provide the domain and setup the directory and promote it. Advertise on every page of the directory the individual providing the hosting at the bottom? I'm more interested in just having several successful link exchange webmaster directories.

What do you think?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• iBold
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • iBold

Post 3+ Months Ago

So you want someone to host your directory, or forum, or what ever in exchange for a link?
It's a good idea to start with, but honestly if your not established why would anyone want to stick their neck out to see if your idea works..
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry buddy, if people don't even visit Altavista and Lycos how do expect people to visit your directory?

You going to need something unique and special!
  • thevirus
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • thevirus

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suggest thinking up unique website partnership ideas to drive traffic. For example if you and your partners website have registered users you could every other month email them adveratising the other website. This can be a huge traffic boost and makes strong partnerships through it.

I came up with this idea a long time ago but I do not yet have enough members to try this with another website
  • pompei
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pompei

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would also pass. Webhosting really doesn't cost that much, so why not just do it for yourself? If you're unsure about the monthly costs, then it why would someone else spend them for you?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts