As a newbie, which approach is better?

Please share!
  • Sheepdip
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Castle Anthrax

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good question. Here is my opinion.

We spent a few (<5) thousand to have SEO done on six pages of our site by a professional firm. I tell you what, it was worth it for the reason that it taught us what we needed to be doing in the future.

They also added value outside of what we learned, but they taught us enough to know that we needed to change our existing development habits. That was value that we didn't expect, and they were very free in showing us how to be more SE conscious developers.

If you would like a few quality SEO Firm recommendations, send me a PM. I discovered two quality firms out of hundreds SEO providers and scam artists. Tip: If anyone promises you a #1 ranking in any term, hang up the phone or walk out the door. :)
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that paying for a professional seo firm will always beat what you can do on your own.

At my company we only hire people that have a proven track record. We test and test and test them before ever giving them an asignment. These people live, breath and eat the search engines (not literally) and know there stuff. They work online 12 hours a day and follow every last little development.

Then theres the other side, people who are just trying to make a quick buck, charge you a couple of thousand dollors and get you very little results. These are the people who create excuses as a living. Your not in the top results because you are sandboxed, google hasn't updated yet, we are playing with your meta tags to achieve the right results... we are moving your keywords around the page to achieve the right results.... the list goes on and trust me, I have heard themall in the past .....

If you are serious about your business then my advice is get the professionals in, but don't just go on there web site. Ask for there past clients URLs and contact details. Any reputable firm will not mind at all giving you contact details of their clients..... I find thats the first best test when choosing a firm.... the minute they try and make an excuse as to why they can't give you them details - or if something seems suspicious... move on..........
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with Jess.

These SEO practitioners spend hours optimising sites every day. you cant possibly beat them unless you are spending as much time or effort on SEO as them :-)

plus, they stay on top of the search engine news and stuffs, so instead of spending time on learning SEO, getting an SEO is a better choice.

OR if you are interested in learning SEO, forget what we have just said. Go learn it yourself!!!!! :-)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts