SEO

• Mr. Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

To get your site ranked high, all you need to do is make sure all your keywords are on all your pages... is that all?

There isn't really any software that gets you ranked high?

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well to get ranked high its much more than just keywords. You need to basically just make your visitors totally happy by providing them with lots of content rich in keywords that are important to your site. For the most part sites with alot of content always do well with the search engines, and I believe for good reason. Think about it. A site that is rich in content is exactly what they are looking for. They do not want to go to some site that just lists keywords and doesn't help them with their problem.

Anyway that is just the start. You need to estabilsh a good pagerank for your site by submitting your site to numerous directories like http://www.dmoz.org/ and by getting numerous sites to place your link on theirs. This will give your site some credential and the search engines will rank high for your keywords if you have those good credentials. There is no magic trick. Its basically, put alot of work into your site and truly try to make your visitor happy with your content. I gurantee you will do well then.

There are numerous programs out there that "supposedly" help you with getting ranked high on the search engines, but I really do not think you need them. All you need to do is what I said above and you will do well.
  • Mr. Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool! Thanks!
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also...using such 'professional' keyword-optimizer pages can seriously backfire.

Logically, Google will know about the best software packages that do the optimization, and it won't take long for them to figure out what features in webpages are generated just from those packages.

Consequently, if Google detects that your page was generated from a 'top' piece of software...there's a high chance your page will be removed from their index.

And BTW, the content those packages generate are just plain bad --- just as an analogy, you wouldn't get a computer program to write your girl/boyfriend a poem, would you?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup I agree. The best way to get traffic, especially from Google, is to truly make good content that will be useful for people. Which means not using automated systems to make the work for you. You will actually have to sit down and do some work. In general that is all it really takes to get good traffic. No special tricks for the most part. You should also make sure you appropriately title the pages to match the content that is on the page. Things that should just be common sense. If you have numerous pages on the website I would recommend using a title that pertains to what is on the page, instead of using your site name for the title of all your pages. If you notice on Ozzu for instance, the title of the page is whatever the topic is, not Webmaster Forum. Some sites will do something like this for each page on the site:

Site Name : Title of the page

which works too. Anyway as people have said before, content is king and generally always works no matter how the algorthims of the search engines change. If your site is truly a good site, and people will love it, then it would definetely be in the search engines favor to send traffic to your site. The search engines want to make their users just as happy as you should try to make them. So they will try to get an algorthim down so that they always send to the best sites for any particular search. If they do not return the best sites, and return crappy spammy sites, then people will move on to better search engines which provides links to sites that actually have what they are looking for.
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep.

It's all a good thing that Bigwebmaster here is making sure that the content is up to scratch and is actually providing a useful service for all his users :wink:

It's nice to know in a way that those who truly make an effort for others have a way of keeping ahead, or at least alive. I'm personally getting a little concerned that the internet is going to be just one big piece of spam...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts