SEO

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, i have recently updated http://www.thesoccermall.net 's keywords. How much does this help in ranking on google and other search engines.

poly
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Matt_M_
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you just mean the keywords in the keywords tag, it doesn't really help at all.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the meta tags. Im using PHPNuke, and i rewrote the meta.php file with way more keywords. Ill post the code so you can see what im talking about.

Code: [ Select ]
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<META NAME="description" CONTENT="Great Jerseys @ Great Prices">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="soccer, goalkeeper, goal, jersey, futbol, futball, football, free, cheap, discount, holiday sale, sale, germany, coratia, england, english, manchester united, scottish, scotland, scotish, usa, mls, world cup, mia hamm, ronaldo, brazil, mexico, mexican, david beckham, oliver kahn, gloves, shirts, t-shirts, cleats, gear, equipment, balls,">
<META NAME="robot" CONTENT="index,follow">
<META NAME="copyright" CONTENT="Copyright (c) 2004 by Welcome To TheSoccerMall.net">
<META NAME="author" CONTENT="Welcome To TheSoccerMall.net">
<META NAME="generator" CONTENT="PHP-Nuke 7.4 - Copyright 2003 by http://phpnuke.org">
<META NAME="language" CONTENT="PHP">
<META NAME="revisit-after" CONTENT="4 DAYS">
</head>

<body>

</body>
</html>
  1. <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
  2. <html>
  3. <head>
  4. <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
  5. <title>Untitled Document</title>
  6. <META NAME="description" CONTENT="Great Jerseys @ Great Prices">
  7. <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="soccer, goalkeeper, goal, jersey, futbol, futball, football, free, cheap, discount, holiday sale, sale, germany, coratia, england, english, manchester united, scottish, scotland, scotish, usa, mls, world cup, mia hamm, ronaldo, brazil, mexico, mexican, david beckham, oliver kahn, gloves, shirts, t-shirts, cleats, gear, equipment, balls,">
  8. <META NAME="robot" CONTENT="index,follow">
  9. <META NAME="copyright" CONTENT="Copyright (c) 2004 by Welcome To TheSoccerMall.net">
  10. <META NAME="author" CONTENT="Welcome To TheSoccerMall.net">
  11. <META NAME="generator" CONTENT="PHP-Nuke 7.4 - Copyright 2003 by http://phpnuke.org">
  12. <META NAME="language" CONTENT="PHP">
  13. <META NAME="revisit-after" CONTENT="4 DAYS">
  14. </head>
  15. <body>
  16. </body>
  17. </html>

this is the part i updated
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="soccer, goalkeeper, goal, jersey, futbol, futball, football, free, cheap, discount, holiday sale, sale, germany, coratia, england, english, manchester united, scottish, scotland, scotish, usa, mls, world cup, mia hamm, ronaldo, brazil, mexico, mexican, david beckham, oliver kahn, gloves, shirts, t-shirts, cleats, gear, equipment, balls,">

will that help with ranking at all?

thx
poly
  • djtheropy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • djtheropy

Post 3+ Months Ago

you should also try keyphrases
for e.g string some keywords together like oliver kahn goalkeeper jersey, or david beckham englad shirts
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, what would the code be for that? Would it be like this

<META NAME="keyphrases" CONTENT="oliver kahn soccer jersey, david backham jersey...">

thx
poly
  • djtheropy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • djtheropy

Post 3+ Months Ago

you just enter the phrases as you would keywords they also go into the keywords tag
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, ill have to add some in. Does anybody else have any idea on how to get my page rank up so my site shows higher up on the list of sites when you do a search?

thx
poly
  • djtheropy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • djtheropy

Post 3+ Months Ago

get as many other site to link to your site (backlinks) and get yourself listed in directories such as DMOZ.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, ill work on that, any other suggestions?

poly
  • gardenstew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Work on writing more descriptive page titles e.g. on the Jerseys pages instead of
'Welcome To TheSoccerMall.net :: shop :: Jerseys'
have something like
'Buy Soccer Jerseys Online at Great Prices - TheSoccerMall.net'
  • Matt_M_
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you get people to link back to you make sure they use your keywords as the anchor text. for example <a href="yoursite.com">your keywords</a> Then you'll just need to get more links than your competitors with your keywords as the anchor text.
  • Swan
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Idaho

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do yo mean like this, as an example:

[u]electricity[/u]<-----"anchor text" ?
We bla bla bla....
benselectric.com

Is this what you mean by "anchor text"

Swan
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Swan wrote:
Do yo mean like this, as an example:

[u]electricity[/u]<-----"anchor text" ?
We bla bla bla....
benselectric.com

Is this what you mean by "anchor text"

Swan

Anchor text is the text that is actually on the link.

I.e look at my footer - the anchor text for the 1st link is "Ozami Web Directory"

This tells and search spider that goes through the link what the page being linked to is about.

Poly - keyword tags are practically ignored, dont waste your time fussing over whether you have it right or not.

Get your targeted keywords in the actual text on your pages and as mentioned get lots of links with good anchor text pointing to your site.
  • Swan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Jess!!

Swan
  • Swan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Jess, when I go from one page to another- crosses pg. 1, 2 & 3
am I linking that with bad text being that I am using"page #" instead of say "wooden crosses pg.1"

Does that hurt me?

Thanks much! Swan
  • gardenstew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Using 'page #' as your link text will not harm your site Swan. I would leave it as this.

If the crosses on each seperate page were of a particular type then it would be logical to use the cross type as the anchor text. As it appears that the crosses are not categorised then it makes sense to use 'Page #', human-friendly :)
  • bep
  • Born
  • Born
  • bep

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't want to dishearten you, but SEO for most people results in a trickle of traffic which results in ...not much at all.

To get serious you need to think differently and get your message out to a lot of people.

Here are three things that WORK!
1) Viral Marketing - invest in some software or ebooks which promote your site and distribute them via bittorrent. This technique is very under-utilised and worth doing.

2) Legal Opt in Bulk Email - send messages to millions of people who already exhibit buying behavior in your field. ie you might have a technology site, so you send mail to people who wish to hear about technology products, your conversion rate is therefore very good.

3) Spam - ILLEGAL, ANNOYING and STUPID!!!. It works however..but honestly why why you do it when targeted optin and Legal alternatives also work.

I have been involved in the legal optin version of bulk marketing for a long time and I have seen many webmasters go from pathetic sales to 6 figure incomes.

If you are serious and have references I can help you set up an optin campaign. This is for people who wish to run their website as a full time source of Income
http://www.bulkemailpro.us.tt
bep@beer.com (I await the torrent of Vigara Spam!!)

Before everyone one starts yelling spammer spammer! Let it be known that I am totally against spam and have contributed to anti spam projects. Unfortunately spammers aways claim to be legal bulkers and have caused damage to my industry

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts