Q. Is separate web site needed for better rankings.?

  • Tim Otool
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Tim Otool
  • Posts: 54

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a hypothetical situation.

Let's say, I have a hamburger store.
And I am getting good page ranking.

And I just started to cut people's hair.
And I want to put up a few web pages about my hair styling business.

In that case...
Will having a separate web site help me to get my hair styling business to get exposed better?
Or.
If I plan my pages right, will my pages get fair chance to get picked up by search engines?

How about if I have two restaurants, one in LA and one in Alaska.
Should I have two separate web sites (domain names) for better ranking?

Thank you.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Posts: 2115
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

in my opinion, it is better to have different domain names for both biz. it makes more sense. :-)

Getting more exposure is how you go about marketing your products, generally speaking. there are many ways to market yr stuffs.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1153
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with madmonk - seperate web sites for each business.

Why on earth would someone visit a web site about hamburgers to get information about hairstyling.... it would look kinda odd.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Posts: 2115
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha. its hypothetical.
maybe hes really talkingn about having 2 restaurants in a website. Not sure really.

areyou talking about hamburgers N hairstyling or two restaurants? heheh.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1153
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

madmonk wrote:
haha. its hypothetical.
maybe hes really talkingn about having 2 restaurants in a website. Not sure really.

areyou talking about hamburgers N hairstyling or two restaurants? heheh.


Yea i gathered it was hypothetical - though he used two completely different businesses for his example......
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Posts: 2115
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes he did :-) maybe he can clarify more...
even with two restaurants, i wouldnt have them in the same websites unless ther r a franchise! lol.
  • ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO
  • Posts: 71

Post 3+ Months Ago

there is a simple alternative to two separate domain names and that's two separate domain prefixes/cnames... for example if your restaurant is a generic name like http://www.harrys.com you could set up hair.harrys.com for your hair site and leave www for your hamburgers :) search engines will see it as two separate domains but you won't have to purchase more than one. it will require either some scripting or server configuration to get it set up properly but that's about it.
  • Tim Otool
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Tim Otool
  • Posts: 54

Post 3+ Months Ago

He he.. thank you.
That question was purely hypothetical.
I was just curious
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1153
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ZenSEO wrote:
there is a simple alternative to two separate domain names and that's two separate domain prefixes/cnames... for example if your restaurant is a generic name like http://www.harrys.com you could set up hair.harrys.com for your hair site and leave www for your hamburgers :) search engines will see it as two separate domains but you won't have to purchase more than one. it will require either some scripting or server configuration to get it set up properly but that's about it.


I wouldn't use hair.harrys.com personally - nobody like hair in their hamburgers :P
  • bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99
  • Posts: 106
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:
ZenSEO wrote:
there is a simple alternative to two separate domain names and that's two separate domain prefixes/cnames... for example if your restaurant is a generic name like http://www.harrys.com you could set up hair.harrys.com for your hair site and leave www for your hamburgers :) search engines will see it as two separate domains but you won't have to purchase more than one. it will require either some scripting or server configuration to get it set up properly but that's about it.


I wouldn't use hair.harrys.com personally - nobody like hair in their hamburgers :P


haha

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
cron
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.