should i place a revisit meta ???

• bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

Should i place a revisit meta in the heading ???
Example : <meta name="Revisit-After" content="3 days">
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

google bot will visit your site if there are new changes in site anyways.

typically, they come everyday :-)
  • bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99

Post 3+ Months Ago

ic, cause i just went to optimum my webby.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea, its quite useless.

Just use your energy and talents in creating new contents and good contents!
  • bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi i went to this site to check my site: http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/ , have anyone use this before ?
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

the revisit tag is an interesting one. I know respectable seo's who use the tag on every site they do, yet i know others who don't ever use it.

Personally I don't use it - googlebot and slurp have their own agenda's - they'll visit your site when they want to - not when we tell them too :P

Really its down to personal opinion, i guess it wouldn't hurt to have them there if you wanted.

There are a lot of site analyzers out there - I wouldn't reccomend them really.... too scripted, too many rules.

Seo is about breaking open the box and finding what works for you.
  • bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99

Post 3+ Months Ago

ic, i am testing my 2 different site now. One is using the seo tool and the other dont. I have check so many site , some of them dont even have keywords and description but they have good position in google and yahoo.

I am keep improving all the keywords and description, if not other site owner will be in front of me. I wan my site to be in the top 10 and have great PR.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

keyword density is really only a yahoo/msn thing - but just like google - you can get to the top of all the major engines by having a ton of links with optimized anchor text pointing at your site.
  • bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya. so now i am listing my site to all directory and site... Every day must find and add a few...
  • eitemiller
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • eitemiller
  • Loc: Arizona

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have a large site, and most of the coding is done by a programmer - and he does it in chunks. Our metas are just one chunk. We went online in April, and it wasn't until September that I noticed the programmer did revisit meta wrong. He spelled it "revist" instead of revisit. Even with the revist code, bots were coming by everyday.

Personally, I don't think it would hurt, but I wouldn't say you need it. We did correct the bad mis-spellingit, but since we had it up wrong for so long, and bots were still repetivily coming back - I conclude that the revisit meta is not necessary anymore, IMO.
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:
keyword density is really only a yahoo/msn thing

I assume you mean more of a yahoo/msn thing, google takes KW Density into account as well, Its just a bit funnier about it and has a lower threshhold.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

darksat wrote:
Jess wrote:
keyword density is really only a yahoo/msn thing

I assume you mean more of a yahoo/msn thing, google takes KW Density into account as well, Its just a bit funnier about it and has a lower threshhold.

it's easy to rank well for a term in google without even having that term on your pages.

When im working on keyword density i don't think of google as being one of the engines i do it for...

However regardless - you should optimize for all engines anyway.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts