social bookmarking and social networking? Which is better?

• ghdfans2010
  • Born
  • Born
  • ghdfans2010

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have updated Myspace and Facebook everyday, but there are no any traffic to our site.Someone suggest that the social bookmarking will be more effient. Myspace isn't social bookmarking sites? what's the difference between social bookmarking and social networking? Which is best to bring traffic to our website? If anyone can list some sites about social bookmarking and social networking. I will appreiate.
  • Ahtivas
  • Ahtivas

Post 3+ Months Ago

In social bookmarking, users will bookmark their favorite links online and make it available publicly, whereas in social networking, people will share their photos, video, chat, etc with other people of the same taste. Both are advantageous. Using both with out spamming will do a lot for your website.
  • cati
  • Born
  • Born
  • cati

Post 3+ Months Ago

A social networking service focuses on building and reflecting of social networks or social relations among people, e.g., who share interests and activities. A social network service essentially consists of a representation of each user his/her social links, and a variety of additional services.

Social book marking sites like Digg, Propeller, Technorati, Reddit, del and Stumbleupon are largely collections of users' bookmarks sometimes organised under terms relevant to that page. Given sufficient bookmarking of a particular page, peer users trust its usefulness as a destination worth exploring.
Both are best for getting traffic.
  • gurusofit
  • Born
  • Born
  • gurusofit

Post 3+ Months Ago

well there are 2 main features or cases to do social media marketing instead of social networking like facebook or myspace, these 2 reasons are, social bookmarking provide traffic to your website and according to seo perspective social bookmarking provides backlinks as well but some social bookmarking website are do follow and some are no-follow, backlinks are only do-follow links
  • sixthsense
  • sixthsense
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gaining traffic from those two sources cost time. Personally I don't like traffic from bookmark sites. They aren't the audience who click on your ads but the will cost you bandwidth.
  • joy1986joy
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi
Social bookmarking is a thing where a person can suggest his/her favorite site. Then if some body else find it good then they can vote there or they can comment there.
Now social networking is such thing where you can make fans of your website. There you can provide your updates for all fans. From the update they can know about your company or site regularly. So you can attract visitors from there also.
As per my knowledge it is the basic difference.
  • suichiro
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

ghdfans2010 wrote:
I have updated Myspace and Facebook everyday, but there are no any traffic to our site.Someone suggest that the social bookmarking will be more effient. Myspace isn't social bookmarking sites? what's the difference between social bookmarking and social networking? Which is best to bring traffic to our website? If anyone can list some sites about social bookmarking and social networking. I will appreiate.

Maybe you're not promoting your site well in social networking sites that's why you dont acctually get traffic from it. You have to promote your site by using some catchy phrases to make them visit your site.
  • facebookguru
  • Born
  • Born
  • facebookguru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well main difference with S.E.O. point of view is that the traffic coming from social network is shown referral in Google Analytic while from social bookmarking site the links are direct.Otherwise I think participant of this forum had said enough about that.
  • Searcheccentric
  • Born
  • Born
  • Searcheccentric
  • Loc: usa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Social networking sites allow users to create a profile, providing photos, website links, biography information.Users can view other profiles, connect in forums, or comment in community chat rooms.Of course joining online community considered as a networking site also. Social bookmarking is is process where you can save your links and view your website links to public where people can click and read it.
there are some social networking sites-
1.Facebook Social Networking
2.Twitter Community
3.LinkedIn Professional Networking
4.Digg Social News

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts