Some tips for your new websites that may help

• dxlwebs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • dxlwebs

Post 3+ Months Ago

In this article i will be talking about some of the problems for a new site, and i will also be telling you some ways you can get around them!

As many of you know starting a new site is never easy, especially when you have the big companies (some how) collecting well over 1 million links for there site and stuffing the search engines with crap!

The one thing you must remember is that you will not win, you will never beat the big companies because its virtually impossible to even get near to the big company site links! and ITS NOT FAIR! they have nothing but crap most of the time, and the only way they beat us is by links!

Well now that i have got some of my anger out i will show you some ways that will help your site grow!

many big search engines i.e. google and yahoo use the link method the more links you have the higher your rank goes, in reality you only need around 5-6 links going to your site to get a rank of 1 and you can easily get a rank of 2 by getting around 30 links to your site and that can be done via forums just add you link in your signature most admins don't mind!

other search engines like alexa and msn rate your site through the amount of traffic your site receives this is also not that hard to provide your site with free real traffic, many people immediately search the net looking for free traffic, STOP there is no point its fake traffic and its useless! the way your site will become a possible number one is through time well spent in front of your screen! here is what i recommend you do

On your Site:
1. add a recommend this site!
2. add and ADD THIS tool bar (bookmarking system!
3. add content that will not be found on other sites!
4. a forum is good even if you add in the first 300 topics its always worth it!

Links:
1. go on every forum that has the same type of content as your site and add your link in your signature most admins don't mind!
2. ask the sites that have content like yours if they would agree to a link exchange or maybe even pay a little it will help!
3. get a directory submitter tool they are free but remember only submit to around 15 directories a day or the search engines will think your spamming!
4. write blogs / articles / tutorials with good content and add your link to the bottom of it (make sure your content is original)
5. remember a link is a link so put it everywhere (but don't spam) make your link count!

Traffic(some are the same as above):
1. real traffic comes from the people that really want to go on your site so writing blogs / articles / tutorials with the link below is a good way to get traffic!
2. bookmarks are a great way to get traffic i.e. if i add one page from my site to dig normally i would get around 300 readers straight away!
3. when you get the traffic you need to keep them there so good content (original content) and a good site design is important!
4. if your a social community nut and use face book or my space a lot adding your link there will help for traffic too!

Design:
1. no one likes a site that is every where a site needs to have around 4 things
1. Easy Navigation (if you are the only one that knows how to get around how do you think your users will)
2. Speed the faster your site is the more users will stay no one wants to wait around for a page to load (if it feels like they are on a dial up modem its no good)
3. colour is important if its too dark its no good if its too light its no good EVEN if there is more than 3 colors it might be no good!
4. font size is important make sure its not too small or too big!
2. meta keywords are important i believe if you have more that 5 keywords you have too many!
3. meta descriptions are always good keep them around 300 characters and no more but don't leave out any important info!
4. go on webmaster forums and ask for a review on your site and they will help you out!

Kick Start Your Site:
1. kick start your site off by asking some friends to start using your site with you at first think of it as a pre party!
2. localize your site no matter what type of site you have everyone uses the internet so print out some posters and add them around your town, also think about adding a post or ad in you local newspaper which are normally free!
3. go to forums that have the same topics as your site and post a topic about your site asking people what they think and if they can help in adding information in there (ask the admin first)!

OK .... thats about it that i can think of right now, i hope that this information will help you gain a better understanding about the better ways of getting your site out there! just remember no site goes massive over night most sites takes 1-2 years before they are really massive if they take off at all! you just need to have patients and put in the hours needed! oh and remember always keep adding fresh new content to your site!

I hope this helps you all out!
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great info for noobs.

:)
  • SimplyBusy
  • SimplyBusy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a noob... Thanks for the info. I recommend the book "Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords" by Perry Marshall. His advice is well worth it for noobs like me.
  • zero_digit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for sharing....
  • thinkleng
  • Born
  • Born
  • thinkleng

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great post, I need this.
noob here.
  • Hafsoh
  • Student
  • Student
  • Hafsoh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great sharing, thanks for this.
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice on-page and off-page optimization promotion guidelines.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

*ATNO just shakes his head in wonderment*
  • vitalink
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vitalink
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago