Sub-domain URL submission ethics???

• AfricanForge
  • Born
  • Born
  • AfricanForge
  • Loc: Durban, South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Greetings! Firstly I must just say what an excellent resouce this forum has been for me. This is my first post but I've been reading for a while.

Here's the question: I have designed the website for an aerial survey firm. I now have to market it. The site has educational/development, company services and data resource content. Is it un-ethical to submit sub-domain url's pertaining to the different sections to the various particular directories on the net? Also, can one submit these sub-domain URL's to the SE's after one has allready submitted the main domain URL?

TIA

AF
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't see it being a problem if each subdomain has significant unique content on them that are relevant to the categories you submit to.

The best way to get listed in search engines isn't to submit your url to them, but to get some backlinks pointing at your main URL and subdomains. Then the search spiders can merely crawl them and find your site.
  • DEP3
  • Born
  • Born
  • DEP3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agreed with Jess that shouldn't be any problem if each subdomain has significant unique content on them that are relevant to the categories you submit to. All the best...
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the 2 years sinse he posted this he has probably figured it out by now.
  • recep
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • recep
  • Loc: www.loanus.info

Post 3+ Months Ago

why dont you have a look to seo forums for link exchange or 3 way link exchanges firstly to value ur domains ?
  • website-design
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • website-design

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Is it un-ethical to submit sub-domain url's pertaining to the different sections to the various particular directories on the net? Also, can one submit these sub-domain URL's to the SE's after one has allready submitted the main domain URL?"

I dont think it is a problem.

as long as it has different content on the sub domains of the website

actually i think it best to submit and get link to the subdoamins of the website as well :-)
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree to you website-design, as long as they have different contents it is not unethical...and as long as you follow the right procedure of submission...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts