submission sites

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are there any sites around that will submit your site to a bunch of search engines for a fee? if there are any has anybody used any of them? Which one is the best?

thx
poly
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

poly wrote:
Are there any sites around that will submit your site to a bunch of search engines for a fee? if there are any has anybody used any of them? Which one is the best?

thx
poly

I wouldnt reccomend these type of services at all.
Sure they submit - but thats all - no guarentees of inclusion. Most of the engines they submit to will reject it as being automated.

If they submit to directories then it will be rejected due to most directories needing you to submit to the correct area (something that cannot be done by automated software)

Yet the company will happily take your money and tell you they have submitted.

Spend an hour submitting to search engines and directories over at blueangels.net (<- big list of them there) and save yourself some money and fraustration in the mean time.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

its the frustration im trying to get around. i have gotten emails saying they can submit my site and get it indexed on google and yahoo and all of those in like 2 days. when i do it my hand it takes up to 45 days.

poly
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

poly wrote:
its the frustration im trying to get around. i have gotten emails saying they can submit my site and get it indexed on google and yahoo and all of those in like 2 days. when i do it my hand it takes up to 45 days.

poly

If you have some links pointing at your site - google and yahoo and the other major engines will find your site anyway. I have never submitted a web site to any of the major engines - the spiders just find the sites from the links pointing at it.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, also just a little thought about your avatar, id change the color, i couldnt read it. About the topic tho, is blueangel the best place to go to exchange links, and get your site submitted?

poly
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

poly wrote:
ok, also just a little thought about your avatar, id change the color, i couldnt read it. About the topic tho, is blueangel the best place to go to exchange links, and get your site submitted?

poly

blueangels.net is a site that lists directories and search engines for you to submit too (a good source of links)

There are many others like -

directoryarchives.com
madmonk has a link to a good list in his footer i believe also.

Just a side note - my avatar is a picture? theres nothing to read?
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry im retarded, i ment sig. And when a spider goes to ozzu.com and indexes the pages here, will it read all of my links, since i have a link to my site as my sig?

poly
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

what do you think about this site http://www.submit-it.com/ ?

poly
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't really recommend doing the automated submisssions. They usually send your url to spam bots which then scrape your site for email address and then guess what? You're getting a ton of spam email. Eventually they'll find your site anyhow, but why help them out?

Jess, the blueangels site is pretty good. I'm going to check it out. The interface is a little ghetto 80's but there are a lot of sites to trade links with. Thanks!
  • interval
  • Born
  • Born
  • interval

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Polly,

You can find a lot of sites with submission forms to search engines. If you have a host, check your cpanel and you will find a submission form.
The problem with this forms is that submission is automaticaly and most of the engines and/or directories reject automated submission. You can send manualy your site to every search engine, but you'll have not guarentees of inclusion even you pay (for your money some engines offer the guarentee that it will see your site)

The best way is to set up some incoming links to your site from another site previous indexed. When the spider will index again, it will take into consideration the link to your site and your site as well. How can you set up a link to your site ? Write an article with a resource box pointing your site and submit this article to a wellknown one like http://www.goarticles.com
  • semko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • semko

Post 3+ Months Ago

poly wrote:

thx
poly

You don’t have to use a website in order to submit your site to search engines. The search engines will find your website by themselves and index it. You might use some free online web tools for optimizing your website though, try this http://www.promotionworld.com/tools/
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
what do you think about this site http://www.submit-it.com/ ?

poly

there are many search engines submission sites around. unlike the other guys, I feel ok to use them as long as there is no fee involved. :-)
use submit-express.com to save some work and for the rest, you will prolly have to submit manually! - see my updated list of directories in sig.

Theres no other way to it. its a lot of hard work tho... :-)
I have just finished submitting one site manually just 2 days, feels lke a hangover..lol. hope it helps.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since i post here, and i have a link to my site in my sig, will a spider pick up that link every time it indexes ozzu?

poly
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

also, i have used submit express, and i was wondering if i should use their paid version, so i can get it submited to more search engine sites? i see just about everybody here says not to use it, but what do you recommend?

poly
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

poly wrote:
also, i have used submit express, and i was wondering if i should use their paid version, so i can get it submited to more search engine sites? i see just about everybody here says not to use it, but what do you recommend?

poly

Dont you think the fact that almost everyone on here has told you not to waste your money tells you something? ;)
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

true, i was just wanting to double check.

poly

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts