text in same colour as background

• tony
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tony

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi guys,
now i know that putting text in same colour as background is ‘illegal’ as far as google etc. goes, but what about if it was just slightly different?
for example, text almost black (3333) on background black (0000).
would that be ok?
anyone know?
cheers,
tony
  • Daniel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Daniel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Erm If it is almost the same colour then I still think it is "Illegal" as you say...
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your trying to hide it there are much better ways which I will probably get slated for listing here.

If its part of a design like greatnexus.com than it should be ok.

however I will say this, you probably dont need to use Spammy techniques like that.

Learn more about SEO first
get a listing on dmoz.com
submit to directories and try and build backlinks.
get a good title
work on original usefull natural content.
it works for SEO, Trust me.

to high a keyword density and your serps will go down.
to low and the same.
keep it natural.
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Almost forgot
remember if you get into the top 10 you will be having competitors seo,s looking at your site and they wont hesitate to report you to google.
  • tony
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tony

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the tips darksat - i’ll be following them.
tone
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi darksat
thanks for such information, i have one question in mind. Instead of putting same colour as background color, can i put it on Layer that is positioned minus the screen, say layer is positioned at -500 px. are keywords considered in such way?

I wish to put all the priorities in layer form, such as <h1><b><a> and keywords in hidden input? will it be considered in google search ?

please help me out!

kashyap
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Still a little crude for my tastes.
I wouldnt reccomend it.
it will probably work for a while till you get your domain banned from google by your competitors.

there are better ways again.
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Darksat,
You wouldnt recommend of insert keyword in layered form that if off positoned, right ? thanx for such information that it may be banned site from google. but i have one question in mind, as you said "it will probably work for a while till you get your domain banned from google by your competitors."., As i have read in Google's guideline for SEO that nobody can banned or degrade your position from google. I am confused :(

Please help me out

Kashyap
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google says no one else can get your site banned
But you can if the content ON THE SITE violates googles terms of service.

you cant get a compettitor banned unless he has done something to get himself banned.

mostly these techniques will work untill google starts looking for stylesheets with negative div position values.
Then you could be in trouble.

this is from
http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quality Guidelines - Specific recommendations:

Avoid hidden text or hidden links.
Don't employ cloaking or sneaky redirects.
Don't send automated queries to Google.
Don't load pages with irrelevant words.
Don't create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content.
Avoid "doorway" pages created just for search engines, or other "cookie cutter" approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content.
These quality guidelines cover the most common forms of deceptive or manipulative behavior, but Google may respond negatively to other misleading practices not listed here, (e.g. tricking users by registering misspellings of well-known web sites). It's not safe to assume that just because a specific deceptive technique isn't included on this page, Google approves of it. Webmasters who spend their energies upholding the spirit of the basic principles listed above will provide a much better user experience and subsequently enjoy better ranking than those who spend their time looking for loopholes they can exploit.

If you believe that another site is abusing Google's quality guidelines, please report that site at http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html. Google prefers developing scalable and automated solutions to problems, so we attempt to minimize hand-to-hand spam fighting. The spam reports we receive are used to create scalable algorithms that recognize and block future spam attempts.
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,
thanks for such comprehensive details, It will help me fine tune site better for ranking., another query (do i harrass you by asking questions :) ?? ) . Well as i m optimizing client's side (media production category), I wish to follow the below order:

1. optimize each page based on its content (highest ranked keyword provided by overture).
2. after optimizing each page for best keywords, I wish to take maximum hit keywords' to put on homepage
3. my optimizing order for page is <title><h1><b> and actual page content for search term.
4. submit each page to dmoz, google and yahoo for better directory.

Well, these was I am planning to put in action, is is the wrong way or slow but deliberate way to promote site.

kashyap
p.s. - one "stupid question" about forum, how can i keep track of my posts i.e. if i get back any answers, because now i used to remember all titles to which i have posted queries or answers.
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

You will also want to create links back to your site as google votes links to your site as a guide to its popularity and content.
the links should preferably have the keyphrase you are targeting as the clickable part.
dont make them all the same though. vary a bit.

in response to keeping track ,
click this link
http://www.ozzu.com/search.php?search_a ... putkashyap
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanx for all the information you provided, it will help me lot in optimization.

god bless you

regards

kashyap
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know alot about SEO, but now matter how much you know you still learn new things every day.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can still get away with texts with similar color as background- its a gamble.

many sites have got away with it.
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would not chance it though.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i wouldnt encourage it too, but it all depends on how important yr site is/will be.

lol.
  • Skybin
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Skybin
  • Loc: Where the soy and cornfields grow...

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry, there are ways to get 'banned' from google? Illegal things..? What?!?!
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why even bother to test the engines? Your gonna get caught whatever method of spam you think will beat the engine.

Think logically. It was human beings that made the engine - do you not think they are going to have thought of everyway to beat the engine as well???

Learn to work with the search engines, not against them.
  • GimmeMyDomains
  • Student
  • Student
  • GimmeMyDomains

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do words inside comment tags get indexed? Do they add to page rank?

What are your SEO recommendations for pages that are mostly graphic in nature?

Thanks

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts