There are very few legitimate SEO practitioners

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Excellent article. Sums up the industry pretty well IMO, especially from what I've seen around here:

Quote:
The promise of achieving top rankings on Google and other major search engines is a temptation that many businesses can’t resist. Unfortunately, search engine algorithms are some of the most closely guarded secrets in the universe, and anyone who claims they have the knowledge required to manipulate them to produce page one results is either a fool or a fraud. In either case, hang onto your wallet. There are a few legitimate SEO practitioners out there, but for every true expert, there are 10 wannabes, phonies and frauds.

http://chrisberryonthe.net/2009/05/27/b ... essionals/
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a PR0 .info domain with stats discovreed via SEO for Firefox that are enough to make me cry laughing compared to the results around it which ranks #4 for a term with 41 million results.

Does that make me an SEO expert ?
  • stephen186
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • stephen186

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
I have a PR0 .info domain with stats discovreed via SEO for Firefox that are enough to make me cry laughing compared to the results around it which ranks #4 for a term with 41 million results.

Does that make me an SEO expert ?

May I know how old is your domain and what kind of SEO strategy have you applied on this domain in terms of content and backlinks.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Next to none and the domain is less than a year old.

The catch, is that it only displays like this when I'm logged into Google and the SERPs are personalized. :)
  • karmadir
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • karmadir
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

The most important thing is you have to find that which seo practicing white hat and seo practicing black hat.

It is better to ask an Seo how he is going to achieve ranking, this will prevent your site from black hat practise.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

karmadir wrote:
It is better to ask an Seo how he is going to achieve ranking, this will prevent your site from black hat practise.

What if we ask them how their competitor will achieve ranking instead ?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts