Is there a reason why this Forum....

• Harwalt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Harwalt
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there a reason why this forum puts the tagline rel="nofollow" in the anchor links of peoples signatures? Why not lift that and give people that contribute to this forum some recognition by Google. I was hoping this forum is better than that.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why not simply post elsewhere if you don't like the way this forum is run? :)

Nobody's forcing to you stay.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Harwalt, Realizing you're new here, I don't know if you have noticed how large OZZU is. That would basically be considered search engine spam. It may or may not hurt OZZU, but it would certainly hurt you. I get my best referals from my OZZU sig. If Bigwebmaster had not implemented this policy (code), I have a suspicion that I would be sandboxed right now. He didn't do that for me with 13,000 plus posts but rather to help all of us. Can you imagine what Google would think if I had an actual count of 13,000+ backlinks coming from OZZU?
  • Harwalt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Harwalt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just asking the question not mad about it. Regarding what you said about having 18000 backlinks from ozzu looking like spam -- I don't think so. Sitewide links do not hurt you, other factors affect what is considered spam. If sitewide links were to hurt a website, then internal linking on a website would penalize an index page for having the whole site linking to it. That would mean in your website you couldn't have all your webpages linking back to your index page without being penalized. Believe me search engines do not penalize you for sitewide links on a multitude of sites. It's a myth. There are other factors to consider when a website is being penalized for spam. That would mean ozzu itself would be penalized for the links at the top of every forum page -- I don't think this is the case. If you have literature to prove me wrong, then please enlighten me.
  • Harwalt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Harwalt

Post 3+ Months Ago

whoops last post i ment 13000 backlinks
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

*smiles, there's an edit button in most forums where you can edit your posts. Good points all. And no, I currently don't have reference to validate my point. I have heard on a number of instances that this is true. If I can find something I'll post it. btw- welcome to OZZU and nice to have you with us.
  • Harwalt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Harwalt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the welcoming and nice to meet ya! :)
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing I have seen decrease since this change has been spam posts. If people would be able to use OZZU to just get backlinks, what would stop them from posting spam links to their websites on a constant basis? I have seen this type of problem on many other forums.

The goal of this area in the OZZU forum is not to create numerous backlinks to your site, it is to help discuss ways in improving your site's positioning and marketing campaign.
  • dukappa
  • dukappa

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's the best way to decrease the spam links.
  • Tweakers
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tweakers

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Harwalt, Realizing you're new here, I don't know if you have noticed how large OZZU is. That would basically be considered search engine spam. It may or may not hurt OZZU, but it would certainly hurt you. I get my best referals from my OZZU sig. If Bigwebmaster had not implemented this policy (code), I have a suspicion that I would be sandboxed right now. He didn't do that for me with 13,000 plus posts but rather to help all of us. Can you imagine what Google would think if I had an actual count of 13,000+ backlinks coming from OZZU?

You could either remove your sig in your posts or leave it.

I think the webbie just does it, because it's concurrence and it would diminue the actual page's PR. Yes, it's a hard battle to the top ...
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a well known fact if you have a thousands of posts and decide to change a signature link that site would run a very high risk of being sandboxed unless it already had a high amount of bank links or link had tracking/rel="nofollow". For the record I get loads (10's a week) of visitors to my movie sign link (though not many to my portfolio but I guess people like movies).
  • angy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • angy

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow you've got alot of posts, more then anyone ive ever seen :P
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guys your full of it ... i mean reallly.

I understand the "excuse" given that 12,000 backlinks from one site will sandbox you, but really, thats underestimating the intellegance of everyone here.

12,000 backlinks won't sandbox you and let me give you the simple theory why.... They were obtained over time. You could sit up all night long nd post and you wouldnt break a few hundred posts on ozzu without most of them being deleted as spam. whats they keyto google? easy - progressive backlinks.

So why not be honest and say ozzu doesnt want to share the PR7 rank they have obtained with users rather than feed them this rubbish about so many links making your site sandboxed...

Admittedly, the nofollow tag is simply a way for webmasters to stop sharing the good, its not a way for sites to stop other sites being sandboxed by linking to them, thats the most rediculous think I ever heard -

12,000 links overnight - maybe you'll be sandboxed - 12,000 links through the spread of two years - well this is just going to do you good rather than harm - progressive seo ..... just what google wants.

This is the same reason the redirect is is on the footer link, its not to count external links as the description given - at least be honest with your users and give them the benefit of having some intellegance......

However - I still agree witrh with whats said - if people don't like it - don't post here.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

anybody seen my post?

I was looking for more link exchange forums and I posted here, asking for more recommendations on top of those forums that I know...

Now the post's disappeared/deleted???
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:
They were obtained over time.

Like I said in my post (I thought) if you decide to change your sign link then the case is still true (I am not associated with Ozzu).

Jess wrote:
So why not be honest and say ozzu doesn’t want to share the PR7 rank they have obtained with users rather than feed them this rubbish about so many links making your site sandboxed....

Well yes I guess that too but it prevents spam.
  • Bompa
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippine Islands

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
Why not simply post elsewhere if you don't like the way this forum is run? :)

Nobody's forcing to you stay.

He's just asking a question, why be so belligerent?

Did he hit a nerve?

Bompa
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

He made a comment and I posted a response (that was not directed towards you), I was not looking for a fight (although it appears you are), and I don't have to justify myself to you.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

back to my question..

Quote:
anybody seen my post?

I was looking for more link exchange forums and I posted here, asking for more recommendations on top of those forums that I know...

Now the post's disappeared/deleted???
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

madmonk. It was deleted, because, like this last post of yours, it was posted in a topic that was totally irrellevent to your topic, and we typically delete requests for link exchanges as a rule anyway.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

mate

It was a new post,

and I wanted to enquire what other link exchanges forums there are..

and it wasn't a request for link exchanges.

you read wrong.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts