Is this possible, and what do you think the $ would be?

• Shawn
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Shawn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Just curious here, but I've been adding content and adding content and more and more people link to me, and have a pr of 5 but it seems the only results I can find on google anymore are aol city guide and or sites that are in the dmoz directory which has not been updated in 2 yrs. My question is how much would you think it would cost to bring my website to atleast the third position for a search that returns 98,800 results? As of now, Im on the bottom of the second page, so its not bad, but its not awesome either.

Any help (or offers) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You probably need to do an agressive linking campaign. You are doing pretty good with it though since u r already on the 2nd page.
  • cyberax
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would suggest the following:

a) Page Optimization
b) Keyword Targetting
c) Link Popularity campaign

In case you do not have much time you can hire our service for this Cyberax Site Promotion Services

With Best Regards,
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

98,000 results is not that hard. The hardest for me was getting #1 position out of over 6,000,000 sites. Not trying to brag ;-), but with good optimization you should do very well. Like right now, I am having problems with one of my sites. This is another reason I believe DMOZ is very important. The sites in the top 30 all have DMOZ listings, I do not, and my site is much more optimized than all of theirs. I expect a big jump once my site gets in DMOZ...been waiting over 5 months now.
  • discountdomains
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • discountdomains
  • Loc: Telford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you listed in Dmoz? A listing makes a big difference.

Also I have found having a paid listing in Business.com and Yahoo are helpful.

Adding to the smaller directories such as http://www.allthebizz.com will help but less so.

Clare
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have brought this up before, but I think that not having a directory listing can be an invisible wall in getting top listings. I have one client that is optimized greatly. I am not showing up anywhere near the top though. The thing is, this is the only client I do not have in the DMOZ directory due to it taking over 5 months now. I have talked to a few editors but nothing has been done yet. I am waiting to be in there and hoping this will finally increase my positioning.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts