traffic problem

• yuriythebest
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Ukraine

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a forum at http://yuriythebest.weird.name/flaforum/ I joined some banner exchanges and submited my forum to several engines including google, yet the all bring 0 hits, what is it I'm not seeing??? I wanna go home.[/flash]
  • indodependo
  • indodependo

Post 3+ Months Ago

well why that is when you goto a search engine and you type in games are you going to go to page 89 on the search enging no you only look at the first 2 or 3 pages then just re word you keyword thats the problem with it.
you need to get links and need to link to sites.
if i was you id make 1-2 pages of content on a new topic a day and then link to the main sites from them and see if you can get them some hits so the will add you to there site.
when that happens then you will go up the ranks.
  • MidwestMerchant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

pick a few keywords to go for and go at it..perform the same things you would normall do with a site..link exchange..directory submissions..everything..link it in your signatures...whatever you can do
  • webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

if this helps then it did
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Belfast, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

you cant expect immediate results, it takes time to build up backlinks and for search engines to index all these links. Also you need a targetted audience, post in forums related to your site and people will learn to trust you and click on your sig link (sorta taken from ATNO/TW's advice from somewhere i think)
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

yuriythebest wrote:
I got a forum at http://yuriythebest.weird.name/flaforum/ I joined some banner exchanges and submited my forum to several engines including google, yet the all bring 0 hits, what is it I'm not seeing??? I wanna go home.[/flash]

what keywords are you hoping to rank for in the engines? from the sounds of your post it doesn't seem you actually know yourself ... so how are you hoping to rank for any terms that people are searching for and get traffic?
  • MidwestMerchant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

the first step is to get your site back up..i just tried it and its down..next, visit overtures keyword tool here:
http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

come up with some keywords to target but dont expect to get high rankings for big keywords..maybe try to target two or three less searched keywords..then build it up from there..its a good way to get some practice in seo under your belt before trying to get first page listings for very popular keywords/phrases
  • BooGiE_MaN
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cape Town, South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats an interesting tool, didnt narrow down my options very well though!
  • Greatone
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Greatone

Post 3+ Months Ago

quality of the link is more important than quantity.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts