ummm submitting to ALREADY subbmitted search engines..

• phatgalaxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • phatgalaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys.. still workin on mny site.. not up and running but to my disbeleife im alrready indexed under google excite dogpile metacrawler and a few more.. I was planning on using a paid search engine submitting company to get my name out there.. What would happen if you submit to a site u are already indexed to? get my meaning?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I re- submit to search engines (free ones) once a month. everything's fine so far. However, some people may suggest that re-submission is not necessary..coz spiders will come back anyway..indexingn again..
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Resubmission isn't necessary. We don't suggest it, we know it for a fact, heh. Google (and most other search engines) store EVERYTHING. If they've seen your site once, they'll see it always.

You only need to submit if you're not already showing in a search engine's index.

If you're already in the index, why resubmit? By submitting, you're asking them to do what they've already done.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

what Axe said, makes sense...
It's abit different for my site coz there are new pages added on to the site every few days. Hence, the re-submission again. That's my rationale at least....
  • jtrageser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: server23.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

I always resubmit about once a month. I think most major search engines allow you resubmit once every two weeks. Be careful not to submit your site too often because some search engines will consider it spam and ban your site from being listed at all.
  • discountdomains
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • discountdomains
  • Loc: Telford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't bother with re-submitting to google, the add url option is thought to give poorer results than sites and pages that "found" via the googlebot spider.

Clare
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've never submitted once to any search engine, ever...

Google currently knows of 9,710 pages on one of my sites - and grabs new pages daily.
  • phatgalaxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • phatgalaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yah totally weird... my site is totally under construction.. all i got is just page saying the title. a logo and some text saying its undercontruction.. I have no idea how the heck it managed to getl isted but i aint complaining.. Yah i read about spamming.. i didnt wana do that... i mean like the problem is is that i dont have any meta tags in it.. so its just giving me the title and the text when it appears on google and the others.. what will happen when i add meta tags? will it like refresh the results.. I also have my forum spidered second... and i recently changed the title of the forum but yet... the title is still the original in google so... Once im done with the site i was looking at http://www.godaddy.com's traffic blazer itsl ike 29.99 a year.. anyoneuse this.. what submissions do you recommend? this one seems pretty professional gots some nice features.. they claim they gaurantee results in weeks so yah... Anyways with traffic blazer u can CHECK which engines u want to submit to.. so your saying i should keep the ones i am already index on unchecked? sure this is a good idea?

Another thing.. How do you "refresh" the information search engines show.. this even possible.. because than being submitted early definetely isnt good for me :?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts