Unrelated Links, Should i accept the Swap?

• Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Qns1)
Should i Exchange lINKS with those websites that not related to me?

Qns2)
Should i Exhcnage LINKS with those who has lesser page Rank #no than me?

Qns3)
I heard google wouldn't like links that are not related isnt it?

please repy me asap. Thanks

Regards,
Swee
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

its best to trade links with related sites.

exchnage links with sites with less pr is not a bad idea. unlike many guys out there who insist on exchanging with high pr, I reckon that changing links with lower PR sites is a good thing.

Low PR sites may become a high PR site one day. so, why not exchange links with them??
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

right madmonk, as PR has not updated, who know the exact status of that site in future, so I recomment to swap links with lower PR and related websites.

kashyap
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

indeed it is best to trade links with related sites. However I cannot see a link counting as any less or you being penalized for trading liks with unrelated sites.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unless you start trading links with everybody and you start looking like a link farm.

When I personally go out looking for links, I tend to stay away from sites that link with anyone and everyone.
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see! So, the advice is that i should link to those with lower pr than mine too. I thought it would affect my PR if i accept those websitse with low pr.

What if, my LINK page has Hyperlinks of other website but they did not LInk me back. Would this too affect my pr?

actually, how do you knwo if the google has updated our pr tool? or have i already missed the chance?
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google havn't updated PR for months. So all the PR's you are seeing on websites are like 2 months out of date. You could get a link from a PR 8 and on the next update it turns out to be a PR 3 or opposite, a PR 1 could turn out to be a PR 7. Just have everyone link to you.

It doesn't matter what PR a site has for you to link to it. Google doesn't really care.

As long as you don't link into shady networks.
  • reciprocal
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Bemidji, MN 56601

Post 3+ Months Ago

Posting to sites that are the same would be the most beneficial. Although linking to a reciprocal links directory would also help you because they would provide you linking options and the option to link to a specific category that is more your theme.
Google did do a update some time ago because of a SEO confusion so I was told.. Im not sure if this is true or not.. Any input on this is welcomed. I do know this much though, sence they have changed their toolbar some sites have moved up in rank and some have moved down in rankings.. Mine moved down from 6 to 5. :( Oh well thats http://www.google.com
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

reciprocal wrote:
Posting to sites that are the same would be the most beneficial. Although linking to a reciprocal links directory would also help you because they would provide you linking options and the option to link to a specific category that is more your theme.
Google did do a update some time ago because of a SEO confusion so I was told.. Im not sure if this is true or not.. Any input on this is welcomed. I do know this much though, sence they have changed their toolbar some sites have moved up in rank and some have moved down in rankings.. Mine moved down from 6 to 5. :( Oh well thats http://www.google.com

Google did update a few days ago. This post is from over a week ago. :)
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Reciprocal,

i Can understnad how u feel. Mine maintained and did not move from the page rank 3 .. the efforts has went down to drain i guess. Wish it would go back to 6 or 7 reciprocal..all the best! :) WORK HARDER
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google PR is way overrated. Like I've said many times before, PR doesn't determine how good a site it. There are tons of great sites with low PRs. They have low PRs due to a lot of factors outside of their control. Don't judge a site by its PR.
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee

Post 3+ Months Ago

However,

This is one of the gauge for us to recognise our efforts. As for me, my SERPS doesnt imrpove either. I am not sure if i have used the wrong Anchor Text. i have been using Onlien fabric Stores. but it seems like fabric stores haas a better clicks...
what should i do now? if my page doesnt imprpve at all!?

WIth regards,
Sweee

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts