Using Subdomain for other business, will it affect the main

• bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

Currently i am doing education business, and i and about to include other business like property in a new subdomain. Will it affect my main domain or will it help.

Just like yahoo it is the main , it has others like business.yahoo.com . will it be better using subdomain to expand my site or it is better to use a new domain ???

:? i still have a lot space with this hosting... How am i going to decide.

Please give me advice.... Thank you
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

it shouldn't hurt but i doubt it will help... from what i know the search engines consider xxxx.yourdomain.com a completely separate site as far as searching goes... so the only benefit will be in those engines that use keywords in domains as a factor in their rankings... but you'll have to get new links to that site as well so it's a bit of a mix :)
  • bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ic , but will subdomain be acepted when i submit it to directory. And also if i buy a domain name and forward to the submain. should i use the subdomain to submit or use the domain that i forward to. Just like soccernet.com it is forward to soccernet.go.com

Which is better ???
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you use a subdomain the directories will accept it so long as the content on the subdomain is original and usefull. (just like any other site)

If you buy a domain and forward it to the subdomain i'd submit with the domain you bought to directories, etc.

Either way will work exactly the same - it's just deciding whats best for you :)
  • bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh ic ... but for the page rank it will pass to one another right .... Cause now i am try very hard to get a high page rank. But recently, my index page pagerank drop from 4 to 0. Now i am so worry.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you point a lot of links at your subdomain - it will get the pagerank - if you point a lot of links at the domain redirecting - that will get the pagerank.

Choose which one you are going to use - redirected domain or subdomain and stick to getting links for that domain.
  • bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i know le. hehe

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts