Veto, Monk & Stew not a Soup

• Swan
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Idaho

Post 3+ Months Ago

Veto, Monk & Stew......You guys have been a big help and basically, with my question, I wanted to give you guys the recognition you deserve!

I noticed an "awards" thing here and Mods were not included :cry:
You three have my vote anyway. I would not be where I am today without the help you guys have provided. I think the owner should give you a shirt a hat or something, at least a pat on the back- personally I wish I could pay the three of you to build me a new web site! Thank You to the three of you!!

My question is a lame one that would be obvious to most who have waited through the process.

A person changes their web site (wrong index page title), awaits a recrawl. Can type web address in the search and sees from the day before that it has now changed, yet changes are not in the search results.

Here's the question: Is there a publishing time gap between the time of recrawl and actual publishing of results in the search engine.

I hope I have put this in a manner that can be understood. It was hard to try to explain. :oops:

Thanks again guys!!

Swan
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gardenstew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kind words, thank you :)

Taking Google as an example: When GoogleBot crawls your site it can take a few days for the content it retrieved to be visible from the search engine results.
Judging by Google's results your site was last indexed on the Dec 7th. Basically this means that any changes made to the site (homepage at least) before this date are now 'published' to the Google's database.
The results I got from inputting your web site address into the Google search shows that it is up to date with what is on your site now.

Quote:
yet changes are not in the search results

Everything is up to date, most likely you are trying to find your site using a search phrase e.g. 'Wood Crosses' and it is not appearing, this because of your ranking. Correct me if I misunderstood you :o

By the way I would not repeat the word 'Crosses' in your home page title, it won't really make a difference, once is enough.
  • Swan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Stew, kind words? No, I feel like I should be paying you guys! I am serious! I would still be in the dark if not for you guys. And yes, you read me right.

How do I improve my rank? Wait, you guys have said it already- Links right?

How does one find out when they are indexed and their page rank? Tools? Where can I get them?

Thank's Gardenstew!! :mrgreen:

Swan
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you swan for yr compliments. i didnt think i was helping much :-)
and most of my comments are quite spammy with "lol" anyways. lol.

Quote:
A person changes their web site (wrong index page title), awaits a recrawl.

This is something you should try it out yrself. :-) its quite cool. I have seen many updates (ie to page title, etc.) that are done within a day.
actually most of times, its within a day for me.

I think it has something to do with how much spider activity in yr site. ie googlebot. Posting yr signatures with yr site in forums seems to help alot
Dont take it whole from me cuz as usual, they are just my observations and guesswork. lol.

- try prsearch.net for page rank tool
- try downloading google toolbar (for pagerank check) and install in yr PC
- try typing digital point tools in google and find a great site with tools. you cant miss it. :-)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Swan wrote:
I noticed an "awards" thing here and Mods were not included :cry:
You three have my vote anyway.

madmonk and gardenstew are not mods, therefore you could nominate them ;) :thumbsup: (and most deserving too!)
  • Swan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes Musik they have been a BIG help. It's not everyday that quite frankly anyone wants to help anyone without compensation, or making you feel like an idiot.

It would be hard to vote truthfully, because then your leaveing someone out who is just as deserving in my eyes. I have never liked having to vote in something that contains two or more winners.

Swan
  • Swan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Monk said- i didnt think i was helping much

Sometimes just someone elses thoughts on the matter is a help, most importantly you guys have not came across as, "hey your an idiot and wasting my time" type of people. I have been to Christian forums where they will bash you in a heart beat! I leave those kinds of places, I don't go there or here for that, you know? Not to sound weird or anything but, we live in a time where people are flakes, selfish and inconsiderate- I have not incountered that here and it's been nice.

I saw a bumper sticker that said, "mean people suck" and thats true, they bring people down.

You have been a big help Monk and for that I thank you. Your willing to share what you know, with out inconstructive criticism- that's what makes you a winner!

Swan
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Monk said- i didnt think i was helping much

You help alot of people, I have always seen that :)
Thats why I nominated you.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

No problem Swan, thats what we are here to do.
:-)
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
You help alot of people, I have always seen that
Thats why I nominated you.

whenever possible. :-) thats cool man. i like ozzu over other forums. the atmosphere here is friendlier and there are helpful guys here.no trolls!!! Mods are better as well.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts