View My Source!

• Redcell
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Loveland, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can someone who knows what they are doing (because I sure don't) please go to our website: http://www.redcellpaintball.com and take a quick look at our source and let us know what we need to do to make our site spider ready? Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... ball%2Ecom

Your site has already been visited by googlebot - notice the session ID's - if you click on some of the links you get internal server error.

This obviously needs changing - however I don't see session ID's on your site when I visit - have you removed them recently?
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

all your categories on the left nav bar have session ids showing up. This is not good for the spiders. What platform are you using for ecommerce?
  • Redcell
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Loveland, Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are using a software called Ablecommerce... for the most part we are happy with the software but as soon as we have a question (like how to insert meta tags where they need to be or how to stop the left nav text from coming up) they have no answers but "the software you have is beta and there is no support for it yet". So you guys got any suggestions for us? Thanks again for the quick response (Jess)
Ian

Oh and whats a session ID? :oops:
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

never heard of ablecommerce. they should have a support forum somewhere. you should put a posting to find out about disabling session ids. This will help you a lot in search engines. The title tags also should be changed.

Otherwise as a last resort, do you have FTP access to the raw files? You could put up static pages on the site and then place links on your footer. SEO these static pages and get them ranked.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts