Webhosting provider and search engine ranking positions!

• 3DProf4online
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • 3DProf4online

Post 3+ Months Ago

In fact, I am not sure it is true, nevertheless I think this topic is interesting to be discussed here! The point is that I have heard many times that hosting provider and its popularity can have the certain impact on website ranking positions in search engines. What can you say on this matter, is it true?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• interactiveonline
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Tampa, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Within the organic listings yes, but not the paid listings.
  • 3DProf4online
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • 3DProf4online

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the situation like this can take place if a hosting company has often downtimes or slow webpage loading time only!
  • interactiveonline
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Tampa, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok I see what you are asking now. No it doesn't matter which web hosting provider a site uses. Google doesn't favor a particular site because it uses a particular web hosting provider.
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Someone once said to me if you have a .com and you are outside of the usa, google* will lower your ranking but you are not effected backwards ie you have a .co.uk and you are in the usa. I have no idea if this is true or not but they do tend to know what they are talking about.

*they said google but that's becoming a byword for search engine now.
  • 3DProf4online
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • 3DProf4online

Post 3+ Months Ago

tastysite wrote:
Someone once said to me if you have a .com and you are outside of the usa, google* will lower your ranking but you are not effected backwards ie you have a .co.uk and you are in the usa. I have no idea if this is true or not but they do tend to know what they are talking about.

*they said google but that's becoming a byword for search engine now.

I know some .com websites which are hosted on Amercian servers and have top rankings outside the USA at the same time! For example, I have one .com domain for my Russian-language forum, website is hosted by American company and I am outside of the USA! Nevertheless, my website has no problems with Google rankings for Russaian requests in my country! In this case I would advise you to add more incoming links from the resources hosted on the local servers!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts