Website hurt by SEO firm?

• Tess
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tess
  • Loc: Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

We used an SEO firm to reach out to the search engines for a few months but found it too costly to continue. My site now has keywords used in the title, description, etc that I'm not sure should be kept as the SEO who used them said they had some "secret way" to optimize my site in the search engines. Can someone take a peek at my site and let me know if I should make some changes? Thanks kindly,
http://www.krammerwarmbloods.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zer
  • zer
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm no expert but I didn't see anything wrong other than the counter at the bottom of the page failed to load.
  • paulk
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • paulk
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope you didn't pay much for what he did to that site :roll:
  • Tess
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tess

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to peek at my site; it's really appreciated. Any tidbits of advice on how I should clean up the contents of the meta tags - title, description, etc. Should the title and description have fewer words? Any special hints on what a title, description should include to be picked up by the search engines? My site used to have pretty good placements, however that has dropped.

I found that the best search engine placement my site received was when I actually placed an ad on the Google site. Glad I dropped the so-called search engine optimization company :oops:
  • gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Myrtle Beach, SC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry you even paid them.

the only one phrase you're ranking on Google that I found is "Krammer Warmbloods" and it appears not competitive keyphrase at all.

As far as I can see site hasn't been optimized at all. Titles and Metatags is not a rocket sciens. Where is the alt text for all the nice pictures you have? Even navigation doesn't have alt text. I don't see a single internal link within content that would have keyword targeted anchor text. You have only two inbound links.

I would say it should be already done when you buying a brand new site - it might need some optimization, but those things should be there.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry that you were "taken" by your seo firm. You really need to do your research now-a-days to find quality SEOs.

As were pointed out...
Your title tag needs to be optimized, it looks more like a keyword tag, as does your Description tag. They placed so many useless metatags on your site also.

You need more links pointing to your site using text of your most important keyword phrases. You can use this tool to help look for the best phrases for your site:
http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchi ... uggestion/

The one positive thing going for you is that you have a DMOZ listing, its a locality listing, but still, your in DMOZ.

I am sure we can all help you with any more questions you might have.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi there.

first of all, I dont think you are bitten too badly by an seo company. If you have been bitten badly, you would have mentioned where the seo firm is and how much it has cost you.

My guess is that you had found an outsourced seo firm or something like that. If my guess is wrong, my apologies to you then.

Thats just my guess anyways.

Your site doesnt look like it has been optimised at all. now, that doesnt make sense again. Cuz you have mentioned that your site had pretty good placements.....

anyways, Your title tag is too long and some words are useless as well.

and your website index page has lots of meta tags when only description, keywords meta tags are needed. title tag is not considered a meta tag but its needed too,.
check it out.

<title>Dressage horses for sale, dressage horses, warmblood horses, hanoverian horses, warmbloods</title>
<META NAME="MSSmartTagsPreventParsing" CONTENT="TRUE">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="dressage horses for sale, dressage horses, warmblood horses, hanoverian horses, warmbloods, warmbloods for sale, hanoverian, westfalen horses, sport horses for sale, sport horses, imported dressage horses, westphalian horses, horses for sale">
<META NAME="description" CONTENT="dressage horses for sale, dressage horses, warmblood horses, hanoverian horses, warmbloods, warmbloods for sale, hanoverian, westfalen horses, sport horses for sale, sport horses">
<META NAME="rating" CONTENT="General">
<META NAME="MS.LOCALE" CONTENT="EN-US">
<META NAME="CATEGORY" CONTENT="home page">
<META NAME="robots" CONTENT="index,follow">
<META http-equiv="Classification" CONTENT="dressage horses for sale">
<META NAME="URL" CONTENT="http://www.krammerwarmbloods.com">
<META NAME="revisit-after" CONTENT="31 days">
<META NAME="VW96.objecttype" CONTENT="dressage horses for sale, dressage horses, warmblood horses, hanoverian horses, warmbloods, warmbloods for sale, hanoverian, westfalen horses, sport horses for sale, sport horses, imported dressage horses, westphalian horses, horses for sale">
<META NAME="DC.Title" CONTENT="dressage horses for sale, dressage horses, warmblood horses, hanoverian horses, warmbloods">
<META NAME="DC.Subject" CONTENT="dressage horses for sale, dressage horses, warmblood horses, hanoverian horses, warmbloods, warmbloods for sale, hanoverian, westfalen horses, sport horses for sale, sport horses, imported dressage horses, westphalian horses, horses for sale">
<META NAME="DC.Description" CONTENT="dressage horses for sale, dressage horses, warmblood horses, hanoverian horses, warmbloods, warmbloods for sale, hanoverian, westfalen horses, sport horses for sale, sport horses">
<META NAME="DC.Coverage.PlaceName" CONTENT="Global">
<
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im curious as to what this is about
Code: [ Select ]
<!-- Begin IA Modifications -->

I ran a search and its on quite a few sites
  • Tess
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tess

Post 3+ Months Ago

Once again, thanks for the input and your time. Now all I have to do is learn what is needed for my site (best words, links, etc) and get on with it. Cheers!
  • meta-monger
  • meta-monger
  • Loc: Middle of Knowhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm currently redesigning a web site for a client who used the same SEO firm - Internet Advancement. Sceptical of the code they placed on my clients site I did a search for...

... which led me here. Thought I might ask you guys of your knowledge on the company Internet Advancement.

- Are these guys legit?
- What software are they using?
- Does their placement strategy work?

It appears the Better Business Bureau doesn't think so. View some the reports on Internet Advancment at Ripoff.com.

Your input would be great.
  • dreams
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi

Download this software WEB CEO the best software i found for SEO.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I'm currently redesigning a web site for a client who used the same SEO firm - Internet Advancement. Sceptical of the code they placed on my clients site I did a search for...

... which led me here. Thought I might ask you guys of your knowledge on the company Internet Advancement.

- Are these guys legit?
- What software are they using?
- Does their placement strategy work?

It appears the Better Business Bureau doesn't think so. View some the reports on Internet Advancment at Ripoff.com.

Your input would be great.

based on the reports, it sure like a rip off company to me!

Anyways, I doubt softwares in the likes of Web CEO is going to help much at all!
  • meta-monger
  • meta-monger

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've notified my client regarding my findings on Internet Advancement. I cautioned them that they may be taken for a ride... a very expensive ride ... and if they needed technical counsel I'd be more than happy to review their claims.

-------

I just finished testing WebCEO... myself, I'm not impressed... and will most likely uninstall it later today. Thanks for the recommendation though, dreams.

I'm looking for a good program which will search the engines and retrun ranking results of specified keywords... If anyone has experience with such an app please share your experiences.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Internet Advancement?

If they are the same Seattle-based firm I am thinking of, than it's the same firm which the Attorney General of that state clamped down on for not giving refunds to its customers after failing to meet their "guarantees" in SEO.
  • meta-monger
  • meta-monger

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right... I read something like that at the Office of Attorney General website and found an article on Internet Advancement at the SeattleTimes.com.

I'm surprised to see that they are still in business though... so is it possible that they are doing something right? Either way.... I won't be taking that gamble with my money.
  • BSindia
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BSindia
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyway I got few information regarding SEO and I feel, I am learning it properly!
  • jcorkern
  • Born
  • Born
  • jcorkern

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

This is my first post here, but this post caught my eye. I am sorry that a so called SEO company took advantage of you. You need to file suit against them.
I am a professional SEo and have been since 2001. I will give you a quick rundown that will help you. The first thing to do is find keywords that will help. you can use a free tool by wordtracker. http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/
It is free to everyone.

Once you find the best fitting keywords(phrases) you need to add 1 or 2 to your title and nothing more.

Forget about meta tags, most search engines do not read them anymore as most search engines are link popularity engines. This includes Google, Yahoo, Msn, altavista and alltheweb. Don't waste your time. They have no effect.

Get your targeted phrases in the content a few times where it reads naturaly. Put each phrase in bold or italics ONCE each, no more than that.

Now, pay close attention to this. What you do to the site only accounts for about 20% of SEO. The rest is links.

Now let's get to links. You always hear about related links. So, what is a related link? A related link is a link from a Page(notice i did not say site)? The page your link comes from needs to have at least ONE of your keywords(not phrase) in the title and/or content of the page. You have to remember that a search engine is a computer program, it can not reason, so it uses factors, not intelect. You must have at least one of your keywords in one of the 2 locations i mentioned for it to have any substantial weight in Google.

I know some of you will question the related link info because it was pounded in that it is a related site. But each page on the net is it's own entity to the search engines, if this were not true, every page in a site would have the same PR. Think about it.

What is the best way to build links quickly? Articles! You control the title and content. Then distribute them to as many directories as you can. I know, you are gonna freak out over the duplicate content theory. I do not have time to fully explain here , but duplicate content is not what you think. Here is a link, if the moderators allow that you can see another post i made about this that crushes that. http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5star ... think.html If the moderators remove it, i understand, Just trying to help.

80 % of top placements is properly anchored related links. Now, go put your site into the top 10 for your best keywords and make some money.

Hope this helps.
  • kirannraj
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • kirannraj

Post 3+ Months Ago

your site has not properly optimized specially a meta tags

your title tag is not looking as a title tag it looks like a list of keywords
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

kirannraj wrote:
your site has not properly optimized specially a meta tags

your title tag is not looking as a title tag it looks like a list of keywords

The original post is from 08 Oct 2004... you're a bit late for advice!!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts