website submission program best?

• webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a new "webmaster" and have created several websites and have been having a hard time getting any of them to show up in a search. I dont have a lot of time because I have a DAY job any way I have tried the manual submissions but no luck. It seems to me that purchasing a submission program is the way to go for fast submission to directories and SE. I dont have time to manually submit each site I do. Any suggestion would be most helpfull!

Thanks in advance!
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like everyone else in the forum will tell you I'm sure - Get backlinks and when those sites get cached the crwler will soon find your page. The more backlinks you accumalate the higher your page rank and the better results in the SEs for your site.

Try avoid the automatic submission software. Chances are it will do more harm than good.
  • alpha
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

avoid automatic submission.....
  • webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, but I dont have time to rearch and track down like websites and do all the backlinking. I have a day job and a life. I am just trying to make a few extra bucks doing websites on the side and would really like to be able to atleast "promise" that the sites will be listed.

Is it really that important to avoid submission programs? backlinking takes to much time.
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just get one link from a good site and that will do it, but don't expect to be found in the results. Put a link from one of your other sites that is being indexed. By having it in your signature will even do it. Just be patient
  • webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks! So what about using a signature everywhere I post in message boards. Do message boards get crawled? If I was to post my signature is lots of message boards would that work?
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are only allowed 2 links in your sign! No they dont count becuase they have tracking :(

avoid automatic submission.....
  • webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, sorry about the muti-signs.

You say avoid but you dont say why?
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you read the Gogle guide for webmasters they outline it their. With my experience I used Addweb and not know I submitted to hundreds of FFA sites without being aware of it. Some SE ignore submissions with such software ie Gogle. What's the purpose of your site? If you want it to be successful you'll have to put the work in.
  • webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic

Post 3+ Months Ago

My purpose is not my site but to make a few dollars building cheap multipage websites for small business like magicans and clowns for about $50.00. These "clowns" all want to know why there sites are not showing up in google, etc...

Because I have a day job, I do this at night and dont wont to spend any time trying to manually submit or link to other sites thats one reason why they are so cheap.

I figured maybe a submission tool would be the way to go.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use submission tool in submit-express.com first (which covers a few search engines), and manually submit the rest.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO is not really your job however first you want to get your website linked from your indexed website. Have a link back too.

$50 is too cheap IMO and you will find it hard to cover your software costs and time.

Submission software simply does not work. It may get you into a bizzar web search but no one really uses the small ones. All the major engines use links to add content.

You may want to tell your clients to invest in pay per click or manage a links page you can build with user admin.
  • alpha
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

why not hiring some to do the job then? if you cannot do it by your self.
What ever your decision is, just avoid automatic submission.
  • webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, maybe it's me... but why avoid automatic submissions if they work, reguardless if they cost money and that you dont really have to use them in order to get indexed?

Am I not understanding something here?

Thanks!
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well what you need to ask yourself is - what do I want to archieve? Get the site indexed or get it found? The difference might be 2 million results! Getting indexed is easy, appearing for a search term is a different story. If people know about this particular clown (goes by a specific name) then they might find him amoungst those clowns with the same name. Research the search terms you wish to use and see what you're up against.

Now what about everyone else that doesn't know of him - surely these are the people you want to attract?
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

webfastic wrote:
Ok, maybe it's me... but why avoid automatic submissions if they work,

lol no it doooont work!
  • webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks everyone for all you input you have been a big help. I have decided to put off on purchasing a submitter tool and spend time manually submitting my (main site) and see how it goes from there which could take several months from what I have read hear.

Thanks again!
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Thanks everyone for all you input you have been a big help. I have decided to put off on purchasing a submitter tool and spend time manually submitting my (main site)

I reckon your doing the right thing. good luck! :wink:
try my list to start off - It's quite challenging to finish submitting to this list :wink: lol.

http://www.definiteweb.com/list-of-directories2.htm
  • alpha
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool... thant expalins it all.
  • MidwestMerchant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your trying to achieve high rankings in the SE's then its going to take more than putting your link in your signature and submitting to a few sites. If your just trying to get your site indexed by the engine it does not take long. if you want to check goto google and type in site:yourdomain.com...this will show you what pages google has indexed for you...If your looking for a quicker way to manually submit your pages to relevant search engines and directory..try going to google and typing something like "blue widgets +add url"..this is a quicker way to find link exchange sites and directories...good luck hope this helps!
  • weblaunch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • weblaunch

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd submit manually to the top 10 or so search engines and then use a mass-submit program to submit to the rest. There is no point to spend 4 or 5 minutes to submit to a search engine or directory that hardly anyone uses.
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok then which submission program would you use. I've had a bad experience and personally would use them!
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

DodgeCroft wrote:
Ok then which submission program would you use. I've had a bad experience and personally would use them!

Ok then use http://www.addme.com/ ...its the best and free.

Will you get any hits? (sounds like you dont care so I will not comment on this)
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I've used addme but I meant submission software. I against these packages that automatically submit you "10 000" search engines!?
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

ONe of the most popular programs??!

http://www.web-mastery.net/thread1145.html

Just got banned!
  • deepesh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • deepesh
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my opinion FREE Version of Web CEO is best, another Good SEO and Automatic Submission tool is Internet Buisness Promoter v 8.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

deepesh wrote:
In my opinion FREE Version of Web CEO is best, another Good SEO and Automatic Submission tool is Internet Buisness Promoter v 8.

Again I don’t think you will get any visistors as a result.
  • webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is a magor pain in the but manually submitting, why not use a tool???? I have a site that already shows up on page 3 of google by only using 4 keywords in the search and I have only submitted manually to about 10 directories over the last few days. I would think submitting to 1500 at once would save me lots of time and work just as well.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

webfastic wrote:
this is a magor pain in the but manually submitting, why not use a tool???? I have a site that already shows up on page 3 of google by only using 4 keywords in the search and I have only submitted manually to about 10 directories over the last few days. I would think submitting to 1500 at once would save me lots of time and work just as well.

those 10 directories you manually submit too, are they in any auto submission programmes? I don’t think they are…please prove me wrong.
  • webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic

Post 3+ Months Ago

curious as to why you are so bent against using a tool to auto submitt the the 10,000 little search engines that could? I would think for the top 10 manually submit, the other zillions use a tool?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 34 posts