what is good traffic to your webiste

• shoaib
  • shoaib

Post 3+ Months Ago

i wanted to know what is good traffic for a Automotive website or an online webist that sells products online. my webiste is not ranked very good and also doesn't recieve a lot of traffic details below of rank and traffic however we are listed in all search engines and appear on the 2 or 3rd page on some keywords.
Getting to the point i wanted to find out what is good traffic to convert to customer to actuall sales which we don't do many off.
PageRank: 2/10
Outbound Links: 56
% of links to HTML 16%
Traffic: Note: Javascript is required to view the data on this page
Computed Link Appeal: 1/10 (7)
traffic: 200 visitors a day

only 200 visitors a Day what can i do about this ?
  • webmasterforum
  • Student
  • Student
  • webmasterforum

Post 3+ Months Ago

200 visitors a day is way better than what I have :cry:

I suggest you do something to make those 200 visitors refer another 5 or so visitors each. Like a contest to see who can refer the most members or something. This will increase you links, boosting you page rank, giving you a better Google result, which will send you traffic higher than you can handle.
  • Intensity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Intensity
  • Loc: Tampa FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

My take on MSN is that it favors on page optimization most.

I believe that MSN doesn't really care about the anchor text, a link is a link. Doesn't have strict guidelines on anchor text like Google.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

depends on your automotive site.
and number of searches done for your type of site per month

the real good guages will come from other auto site owners. easier to compare really.

a britney spears, or usher site will have more traffic than all my sites combined :-)
  • shoaib
  • shoaib

Post 3+ Months Ago

okay i undrestand i'll try rephrase the oringinal post
anyone who's optimised or dealt with an online buisness who
who sell thier products online
what sort of traffic do you get ? and what is the conversion ie traffic to actual sales.
  • Gnome_101
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I get anywhere from 1000 to 3000 hits a day, depending on what season it is.

I've optimized for google, but fear I am still in the 'sandbox'

I am currently only PR4, but I use frames, so that is hurting my PR right now.

The biggest thing you can do to drive more traffic to your site, is get your product listing into Froogle (free) and open an adsense account to list your site (for a small amount of time) on google under a sponsered listing. For a small amount of money your link can be on page 1. This will help drive traffic.

Almost a bigger thing that i suggest, is getting other sites to link to you. Make sure that the link is not on a 'link.htm' page or amythig like that or else gogle won't index it.
  • shoaib
  • shoaib

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks alot for the tip on froogle will give it a try but about addesense don''t you mean addwords as addsense is google adding links on your website addwords is placing adds on google search pages and other websites.
1000 visitors a day you are gettting good traffic may i ask what are your refers are google, msn or yahoo a big refers for you.
The reason i'm asking is that i get ranked very high in msn but no traffic from msn.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts