What keywords should I be shooting for?

• northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I started http://www.nysportsboard.com. Just a php bb forum to talk a bout all local NY sports teams, as well as sports in general.

So what keywords should I be focusing on? I haven't decided on a phrase/ keywords that I want to focus on - and will eventually use in Google Adwords.

New York
NY
Sports
Discussion
Forum

Or do I use team names? Yankees - Mets - Giants - Jets etc...

What terms should I be focusing on to build my Google rank?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do not advertise until you do keyword research. The terms you are showing are way, way to broad. I would use thie overture tool below find out what specific keyword phrases people are searching for. You don't want to go through your whole budget before you need to.

If your going to go with Google Adwords, I would test keywords out there. Then when you know what keywords are successful, you those phrases as a basis for your free search campaign and what you focus your site around.

http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchi ... uggestion/
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also in beginning with Google Adwords:

1/ Start with a smaller daily budget
2/ Shut off Content Search
3/ Start off with all your keywords in quotes (phrase match) or brackets (exact match). Stay away from broad match in the beginning...at least.
4/ If you don't have tracking, use Google's free conversion counter to see which ads are getting you signups.
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
Do not advertise until you do keyword research. The terms you are showing are way, way to broad. I would use thie overture tool below find out what specific keyword phrases people are searching for. You don't want to go through your whole budget before you need to.

If your going to go with Google Adwords, I would test keywords out there. Then when you know what keywords are successful, you those phrases as a basis for your free search campaign and what you focus your site around.

http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchi ... uggestion/

Yeah, I wasn't planning on using the Adwords until I did more research.

I will check out the Overture tool and see what I find...
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:

3/ Start off with all your keywords in quotes (phrase match) or brackets (exact match). Stay away from broad match in the beginning...at least.
4/ If you don't have tracking, use Google's free conversion counter to see which ads are getting you signups.

i'm new to adwords, i just want to ask you why you suggested that Content Search be shut off?
  • Chaunte
  • Chaunte
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree. Research first.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

bebsie wrote:
vetofunk wrote:

i'm new to adwords, i just want to ask you why you suggested that Content Search be shut off?

Because Content Search will bring you the lowest cost of sale or lead 99% of the time. In the beginning test your success without it. When your looking for more visitors and try to squeeze out more sales and don't mind increasing your cost of sale, then try it.
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
Because Content Search will bring you the lowest cost of sale or lead 99% of the time. In the beginning test your success without it. When your looking for more visitors and try to squeeze out more sales and don't mind increasing your cost of sale, then try it.

okay, i will try it in one of my campaign. thanks.
  • Todd Charske
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Todd Charske
  • Loc: Todd Charske - Sales

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey it's all about the individual searching. Either one is possible.

- Todd Charske

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts