What's the best way to generate Mega Traffic?

• sunlion333
  • Loc: Miami Beach

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pardon this newbie's naive question, but how do I generate massive traffic to my site with no capital to invest and not get in trouble? I am beyond broke and need my site to make me money, fast.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sunlion333

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know it's like asking for water in the desert, but someone has got to have a big enough heart to throw some advice my way.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

They will sunlion. Just be patient. In the meantime, it would help to have a link to the site in question, or at least a description of what your site is all about. Hard to give any advice with no details.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

The best way to learn how to generate traffic is to read through the threads in this forum. But if you want us to critique your site and what you should do to improve, just post your url.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good ways of bringing traffic to a site all depends on the site itself, and the subject matter of the site.

What does your site have to offer that a million sites don't have already? :)
  • discountdomains
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • discountdomains
  • Loc: Telford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Submit your site to Dmoz - its free and powers about 250 directories. It also drives the Google Directory which will give your ranking and traffic a good boost.

It can take months to get listed, so the sooner you submit the better.

Smaller directories such as http://www.allthebizz.com are useful but will not have the impact that DMoz does.

Best of luck

Clare
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can get a PR6 just from a link in DMOZ. My friend has a site with no other links and its PR jumped to 6 after listed on DMOZ.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

But not all categories in dmoz have a PR of 6, and you need to be listed in the best possible category you can be. I always check 3 things for my DMOZ listing:

1. Actual PR of category
2. # of sites listed in category
3. In which category are most of my high positioning competitors located
  • sunlion333

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem is that it is a site subdomain of the marketing company I have joined. There are no meta tags set up and I can't edit the site. I was building a page with frames, one linked to the site url but I don't think that will register well with the web crawlers.

Do frame based sites get read for content matching with the meta tags?

If so, do they read the content from the linked urls in the frames?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

sunlion333 wrote:
The problem is that it is a site subdomain of the marketing company I have joined. There are no meta tags set up and I can't edit the site. I was building a page with frames, one linked to the site url but I don't think that will register well with the web crawlers.

Do frame based sites get read for content matching with the meta tags?

If so, do they read the content from the linked urls in the frames?

Just out of curiosity, would this happen to be some sort of "we can make you rich" pyramid type marketing company. If so, I seriously doubt your site will get any serious traffic quickly.

I mean for what it's worth, if the link in your www button in your posts is your website (i.e. Future home of success-street.com!) It would probably be a good idea to get a site up there pronto if you're in a hurry.

You'll have to forgive me if I seem a little questioning, but I'm fairly savvy on multi-level marketing, and most people are not going to get rich on them. The ones that will are the ones that started them. Or the ones that work their butts off to play catch up. Just signing up with a marketing company that provides you with only a subdomain (god only knows how many other people are doing the same thing you're trying to) isn't going to do it.

I could be wrong, but reading into your post, that's what it looks like is happening here.
  • sunlion333

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am one of those working his but off to catch up, although this is only one of the ventures I am working on and don't expect that to be making money that fast. I am also putting together multiple affiliate sites and information sites with tools for newbies like myself. I just wanted to solve this problem first to get the ball rolling.

As for the marketing company, it has been around for 6 years and has many product lines. It is just that the best income posibilities rely on building residual income. I guess most people would call it an mlm, but the largest portion of the marketing world is built on some kind of trickle up system. I researched alot of these groups until I found one with BBB status and Chamber of Commerce membership. That made it legitimate enough for me. Anyway I'm trying everything right now to get out of the rut I'm in and appreciate all the advice
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK...just please don't tell me it's Quixtar a.k.a. Amway. If it is go take a real estate course. You'll make more money faster.
  • sunlion333

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am lmao. Amway(quixtar)! What a venture that is. Thanks for the laugh.
You have been very kind and I appreciate the advice. I am really interested in the best, cheapest or free email lists that are safe and opt-in so I can increase my traffic and conversion. These will apply to all of my sites and I will be selective as to which ones to use for each particular venture. The SEO will apply to the main sites and will be supplemented by newsletters.

Just hoping the guru's that reside on this board would share some insider views as they have already been helpful and I hope that I can return the favor. I am a professional Photographer and Photoshop expert.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts