No where in search engines

• Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

My sites been live for about 3 weeks, i have had google spider my site about 40 times and they have been searching it nearly everyday.

I am listed in google and i found this out by doing site:www.mydomain.co.uk

When ever i search for keywords in google or other search engines i am not in any of the results.

Can anyone look at my site and let me know if anything is not right? the url is http://www.wedding-designs.co.uk

There are a lot of sites doing what i do that have got a good reputation and dominant position in the search results. i know its going to be hard to get above them.

I have tried weaving in keywords and have got quite a few of links coming into my site (and still asking for them now)

I dont really want to pay as i would like to be able to do it with out paying a company to do it. Should i pay google and sign up for adwords?

I hope some of you are able to tell me wot i could SEO it.

BTW i have submitted to DMOZ and am waiting to get approved.

Thanks

Tone
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site to too new.
You gotta have some patience. Your PR is still 0, it will take some time may be by next update.
Keep on getting links with your main keyword as the anchor text.

There is also the Sandbox effect for new sites.
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers, just with a site i did ages ago it went straight in the search engines at a good position and i didnt even try.

Oh well ill have to be patent, will see how my DMOZ listing is getting on soon as i can ask in their forum after a month
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks pretty well optimized, but like eCommando said, though I do not totally agree with the Sandbox effect, it does take time to position a new site high. It all depends on the competition and how well overall your site is.

Did you submit your site Yahoo/MSN yet?

Did you get Yahoo Directory listing? Some people do not think they are worth the $299.00, but I have many top #5 listings in Yahoo that are the actual Yahoo directory listings. Just make sure to write a good description and title, using your top keywords.

The DMOZ listing will help, as well as submitting it to a few other places:
http://ozzu.com/other-search-engines/free-search-engine-submission-t24417.html

And with your links, try to exchange links with as many sites that are in your business area, even better if you can get the ones that are in your DMOZ category.

Good Luck!
  • discountdomains
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • discountdomains
  • Loc: Telford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

You need to wait at least 3 - 4 months for your site to build PR and get established.

If you steadily build links using your keyphrases in your anchor text you will get there in time. It took me 18 months of daily work to get Discount Domains in to the top 40 listing for the phrase "Domain name registration".

Be patient it can be done!

Clare
PS Don't stop when you get there.
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok thank you all for your comments and advice. Im just gonna have to wait and be patent.

I just got £50 free google ads so hopefully that might bring in some customers as i aint had none yet :(

With my first few customers the money i make is going to go straight back into advertising,

Cheers

Tone
  • joker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joker

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, you are to wait a bit and while waiting work with your site's SEO ;)
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11

Post 3+ Months Ago

well for my main keywords (affordable wedding website design) I rank 499th!! How bad is that?

I found this out my doing an advanced search, then choosing show 100 results per page and then searching the page for my domain name!

I am going to check each week to see if i go up or down in the results.

Is this normal to be this low?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site has only been up for 3 weeks...it will take time for Google to get you into the serps where you belong. Most of my sites take a few months to get to the top of the serps. Like I said before, your site looks well optimzied, so get more PR through others sites and directories and just be patient.

Is there any reason your main keywords are "affordable webdding website design"? I do not see that whole phrase being searched. "Wedding website design" was searched about 760 times last month and "custom wedding website design" was searched about 50 times last month. Why "affordable"?
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11

Post 3+ Months Ago

dont know really, thought that it might temp people to go with my site. As i have whacked my prices right down in the hope that i will get some customer so it atleast pays for google adwords.

Should i change it?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I might change the title to something like:
Wedding Website Designs: Custom and Affordable
  • Mr Smith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mr Smith
  • Loc: Birmingham, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tone,

without meaning to sound disrespectful in any way, i did notice that the coding for your page was a little bit OTT for how it is displayed (i.e, too many empty td tags, double properties and things like that) what is the file size of your home page?

it may seem like nothing, but all this makes it harder for the search engines to read your site, as they have to go through all those empty tags and stuff to get to the real quality content they're looking for.
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

I got same problem, I have started optimizing my clients site which is of Media production category, It is based at CA, USA. The below statistics give you idea of Site popularity, but still it doesnt appear in Google. Please take a look at stats below which have been extracted from Webmaster-toolkit.com:

PageRank: 4/10
Outbound Links: 24
% of links to HTML 15%
Backward links - 53
Traffic: 906,682
Computed Link Appeal: 3/10 (96)

As seen the Traffic is enourmous, but still not listed in SE. My points are as below:

1. How can I increase PR, is that increase my chances to get listed in SE
2. How can i find Outgoing link from my site?
3. Still i have not submitted my site to any directory, but my question here is If my site has such reputable traffic (genuine no. of hits) should it have been automatically listed for better ranking ? I m very much confused about that.
4. how can i now promote my site?
5. Is my site banned from google? how can i find it.

Presently "Mediablitz" keyword is ranked at 24, While "Media prodution california" is not listed anywhere. (Without quotes).

Please help me out ....

thanx

Kashyap
  • Jade456
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, here is what you do. First make sure you have covered the page basics: Alt tags with keywords (not all the same!), use of < h > tags where appropriate, good content at least 400 words with keywords sprinkled throughout in a naturally sounding way and clean links. Second, start a link exchange campaign for related industries. Third, submit to as many directory sites as you can find (you can get into Yahoo for free but it takes awhile). Four, announce your site to everyone you know and try to get any free traditional advertising you can, like signs, ads, whatever (ex. strike a deal with a limo company, they refer you, you refer them type thing). Lastly, if you need immediate traffic, think about a adwords or overture campaign. I have also heard that ASK is pretty big in the UK, so you may want to consider them as well. With a little hard work, you should see your site rise from the basement up into the top 100. With a lot of hard work, top 20 then eventually top ten.
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanx for prompt reply, I am going to add alt text for images with natural langualge, add <h> tag, insert title with proper keyword etc.

one question: As stated <h> tags are important, Can i Use <h> with CSS., for example, I create one class name h1 and use them into site, is it valid ?

thanx

kashyap

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts