Will a lot Subdomain help in the ranking

• bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys,

If i summit 100 subdomain into the search engine like yahoo and google, will i get a better ranking for my main domain ? will i get ban if i do so ???
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think 100 would be acceptable...as long as the content is unique and the subdomains have in comming links from sites other than the other subdomains. You have to treat these as you would any other standalone domain. Here's an interesting article abut techniques used by the SE's to detect site trying to spam the index....it's from 2001 but stills seem relevant: http://www.ranks.nl/resources/spam.html

Don't bother submitting them via the url submission page...rather get some links from other sites and get crawled that way.....
  • bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks.

But if the 100 Subdomain are all the same content as the main domain ? Like sg.1tuition.com = 1tuition.com and i have another website ebusiness88.com and i open a subdomain tuition.ebusiness88.com but the content is the same as tuition.com

But all the keywords are different and the title are different , will it help the ranking or will it get ban ?

I am currently testing this and will like to know the outcome. Anyone of u guys have tested this ?

I am surprise when i put in some invisible link in my website and when google listed the site all the links are together linked and all appear in the search engine.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

That will get you banned from google...they are very good at picking up dupe content. They don't look at most of the meta tags so changing keyword and descriptions will not make the page appear different.....you would need to actually create unique content for each subdomain....once that's done you will be able to get better rankings by linking each site together...but you will also need to get some links from different sites to each subdomain so that they appear to be individual sites. Even if the content is unique and you only link the subdomains to each other that could get you site dropped from the index.
  • bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99

Post 3+ Months Ago

So if i created 200 different tuition website it will not get ban. So i can create lots of different content tuition website but all are doing the same business , it will not get ban right ? But at the same time i need to get link from other site so that it appear that the site are all different.

He he am i correct ??? if i am wrong please advise me k .. Thank you very much :D
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

That sounds about right...but I don't make the rules so you never know when google might catch on and see these as all the same domain. Here's an example similar to what your trying to do. "http://www.articleinsider.com" check out thier site structure...it's nothing more than a directory built from subdomains and then linked to customers that they sell space to....my competitor is using them for traffic...if you look at the way they handle thier out going links to customers sites they are not doing it to manipulate PR they are ranking on thier own and then passing the traffic to their customers.

I would also create subdomains that deal with related tuition topics...like different colleges or or books for school...maybe you can get some advertisers if you do well in the ranks.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

bb99, as long as you create good and lots of useful contents in your site, it will help tremendously.

whether or not, you are using subdomains or not, your site will be powerful.

ie. I can create a site with no sub domains with the same amount of contents as that of a site with many sub domains...

content is king :-)
  • bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK Thank you very much for all your reply .... :D

By the way, which free submit you all have use which can submit my site to search engine like yahoo. Can recommend me ???

And also where can get free pic for my site ???

Cheers :roll:
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

for some of the search engines, I use submit-express.com. its free.

for the rest of the search engines, I submit manually.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts