Will RSS help in Search index?

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wonder if there's any beneficial thing to do with having many people subscribing to my RSS other than them visiting my websites of course, is important. Besides that,

Will that help my websites to be ranked higher in any Search engines if I have more people subscribed to my RSS?

:)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know, that's a really good question.

At first glance, I would have to say no because the immediately obvious main relationship is between the reader, and the RSS feed. The number of readers shouldn't have a direct effect on how search engines treat the website.

However depending on what readers decide to do with the RSS feed it could have an indirect effect on how search engines treat the website.

For instance, consider some of the widgets out there that let website owners place the contents of RSS feeds on their websites. I know Googles' Blogger has one of these, I imagine others do to. Now if these RSS feeds include links to the site, or to other articles on the site, you could be gathering backlinks at a rate relative to the number of subscribers you have using these widgets,which would have an effect on how search engines treat a website.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, Joe for the information. I think I get what you mean.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts