Will this many keywords get a penalty?

• Shawn
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Shawn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ive got a directory that I've had for a while that I just now noticed is starting to rank well for a lot of city name + strip-xx-pers.

Its http://www.strippersphonebook.com

So on my page the term strip-xx-pers appears after every city name/state name. Is that too high of a density because of that? If so,what do you receommend so that I still will rank high for the exact phrase city name + strip-xx-pers? I've thought about mixing it up and putting city name + exo-xx-tic dancers or something but that won't help my rankings for city name + strip-xx-pers. What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Shawn
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Three key words of what ever your title is, and no more than that..way i understand it.
so if its http://www.strip-xx-pers then only mention that word three times.
Apparently the spiders won't crawl you if theres more...guess its spam to them lol
But others more experienced will guide you shawn here at ozzu.
good luck.
suzie.
:)
  • DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone know of a free online keyword density analyzer that I could put my site in and it would tell me if I'm using a certain keyword to much or too little? I've been searching around but can't find anything good.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I doubt they will penalize you. I personally do not beleive in any over optimization penalty. I don't think you should repeat the keywords to many times. Just look at it from a reader's point of view. Does it look like there is to much?
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can find a keyword density analyzer here:

http://www.onlinemarts.com/online-marke ... g-tips.asp
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

another one here:

http://www.seo-guy.com/seo-tools/spider.php
  • DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, once my site gets a high PR I think I'm going to have to think about SEO more because my site is an a very comptetitive area. How much would it cost just to have someone give me tips and suggestions on ways I could better optimize my page?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Id say I could help you optimize your site for a cost ;-), but I am sure we can answer most of your questions on this board for free.
  • DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I don't want to tell people to just take their time and look over the SEO of my site for free. But if I could have some free questions I'd like to ask what can I really do besides packing in my keywords on my page?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well if it is the site in your sig, here are a few things you can do:

1/ Use http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchi ... lang=en_US to find out what keywords are searched and which ones you should focus on

2/ The title should have your most important keywords first, always put the actual site name last because it is unique and not competitve. Each page should have the keyword you are trying to focus on in the title.

3/ Use H1, H2....tags whenever possible

4/ The links to different pages should have the keywords in the anchor text as well as other links outside of your site.

5/ Get directory listings including DMOZ and Yahoo

These are just few to start. I am sure more people will give you some more pointers.
  • amabaie
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I personally do not beleive in any over optimization penalty.

And even if there was, it would not be called that, since "optimal" means just right...not too little, not too much. :wink:
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used that phrase because it was the term that was jumping around the SEO forums and conferences.
  • amabaie
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, the English language really gets mauled on the Internet, doesn't it. like capitalizing the Internet, for instance, as if it was a person.
  • joker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joker

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
1/ Use http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchi ... lang=en_US to find out what keywords are searched and which ones you should focus on

2/ The title should have your most important keywords first, always put the actual site name last because it is unique and not competitve. Each page should have the keyword you are trying to focus on in the title.

4/ The links to different pages should have the keywords in the anchor text as well as other links outside of your site.

1/ Don't believe Overture statistics - it very often lies.

2/ If site name is your keyword - place it first ;)

3/ Don't use H1...H6 whenever possible - use them when it is needed ;)

4/Use different links, that mean don't bomb your page with links with only the same anchor text.

5/Try to register in DMOZ. Yahoo - don't worth money spent ($299)

All above is IMHO ;)
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

joker wrote:
Quote:

1/ Don't believe Overture statistics - it very often lies.

2/ If site name is your keyword - place it first ;)

3/ Don't use H1...H6 whenever possible - use them when it is needed ;)

4/Use different links, that mean don't bomb your page with links with only the same anchor text.

5/Try to register in DMOZ. Yahoo - don't worth money spent ($299)

All above is IMHO ;)

1/ Overture gives you a range and its free. It is ignorant to decide on keywords without researching. WordTracker is a great tool but you have to pay for it.

2/ Yes, if you site name is http://www.dogs.com, then go ahead and use it, but most site names are unique so place it last.

3/ Most pages should have a heading, paragraphs, and more. Of course, if you don't need it, don't just throw it in.

4/ Use keywords in your anchor text. We know this is very important. If you have 3 keywords you are focusing on, the inbound links to your site should have some form of these keywords.

5/ A Yahoo Directory listing is very important. I have many listings at #1 in the Yahoo serps that are the actual directory listing. It is not just for PR anymore. Just one example is:
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=chicag ... fl=0&x=wrt

:?
  • amabaie
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm with VetoFunk on Overture. For major terms, I beleiev it is quite accurate. For smaller terms, it can be scewed by robots such as WebPositionGold checks. As long as one accounts for that with smaller searches, it is a great tool.

I will go further than VetoFunk about WordTracker. Not only does it cost money (although you always have access to the free verion online), but it uses a way smaller database that draws results from a single search engine. A smaller database is more easily skewed by robot searches, and is particularly inaccurate for small and even medium-sized searches. Coming form a single search engine, it is more susceptible to being skewed toward a certain demographic.

WordTracker is highly useful for one feature: it tells you which version of a word is most searched for (plural versus singular), whereas Overture gives you just the stem.

After Google SERPs, I find Overture Term Suggestion Tool the most useful SEO tool there is.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts