window.location SEO question

• CrazyP

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello all I have a quick question. I designed this website Yolandascakes.com and the only way I was able to get the effect I wanted for the text and tables was by using javascript. However I noticed that by using "window.location.href=" to link to other pages from those tables some free website tools can't crawl to the pages that are linked, it doesnt recognize the links so I assume google and others will have the same problem. what can I do to get around his problem besides converting them to hyperlinks? because I always seem to break the way I change colors on the table and text when I do that .
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try building a site map using plain html...link to it from every page...you could also add a link footer like the one at the bottom of this page.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

How old is your site....do you have any links from other sites. You could links from other sites to your internal pages as well as the site entrance.
  • CrazyP

Post 3+ Months Ago

site is new/old. it got shut down for a couple of months and it was my job to bring it backup while also upgrading the looks.

ok, what I did and I dont know if this is legit, I created a layer with all the links and I gave it a Z index of 1 while everything else on the page is 2 or higher. now the links are hidden but when I use this tool http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/valet/
the robot sees the links, which is exactly what I wanted. is this kosher?

edit, OK instead of the above what I have done is, if javascript is enabled, it hides the layer with the hyperlinks. if javascript is disabled, it cant run the hide function, so the layer stays visible ontop of the other menu. this accomplishes 2 things. I have my text links for seo, and people can still navigate my site if they dont have scriptin on

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts