Would Zeal Accept...

• DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

Would Zeal accept a site that doesn't sell anything and is purely informational, but does have google ads on most pages?
  • disgust
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • disgust

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes.

not that getting into zeal does all that much good. ;D

I'd be willing to say that the dmoz's effect is at least 20x that of zeal for our site.
  • Buster
  • Student
  • Student
  • Buster

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.sportznow.com was listed in the DMOZ category: http://dmoz.org/Sports/Baseball/Major_League/Fan_Pages/ just under a week ago.

Hope that is good news :lol:
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Been trying to get some of my sites on DMOZ for a while. Last time I checked on one of my sites about a month ago, they said it's still in editorial review. It's been almost 6 months.
  • Buster
  • Student
  • Student
  • Buster

Post 3+ Months Ago

The length of time for a review can vary and is affected by many many factors. One of the main factors can be the backlog in the 'spammy' area like web services, financial, medical, drugs, shopping etc etc etc

Put it this way. I done a 'stint' in shopping and after a very short while stopped and no longer go there.... why??? Simple because I edit for 'fun' and enjoyment and to do my bit.... but in areas like that it becomes a 'chaw' and thus not enjoyable - so I move in elsewhere. There are editors who enjoy working in these areas but understandably not enough.

Therefore 6 months is not unusual and perhaps is even a short time compared with others.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts